View Poll Results: And the 2013 Moon Of The Year is?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco

42 18.50%
  • Vista

31 13.66%
  • Gulf Shores

9 3.96%
  • Bethlehem

22 9.69%
  • Omaha

9 3.96%
  • Melbourne

22 9.69%
  • Costa Mesa

26 11.45%
  • Decatur

28 12.33%
  • Yuma

8 3.52%
  • Rochester

30 13.22%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Mason View Post
    Moon of the year would have to be Vista. We are very deep with our talent level. Costa would be a close second. I am surprised that Yuma wasn't in the poll, being that Kevin Gastelum has been wrecking shop in the UFC. Looking at this poll though I do not
    think it is really reflecting who the top moon is.
    San Francisco is in front. How is that not reflective? The first black belt, and ADCC qualifier, Nunja, Canders, and a long list of other destroyers. I'd say they make quite a strong case.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    San Francisco is in front. How is that not reflective? The first black belt, and ADCC qualifier, Nunja, Canders, and a long list of other destroyers. I'd say they make quite a strong case.
    Denny got his Black Belt in 2009, how is that reflective of 2013?? NO DOUBT THAT SAN FRAN IS A FORCE, but what does that have to do with this year? I feel the moons who had black belts promoted in 2013 should raise a stronger case, yet where is Corona?? Watching everyones students on Facebook, trying to get all there friends to come vote........ this is like American Idol. So, essentially its about who can direct the most amount of traffic to the forum to cast a vote... how does that make you Warrior, or Moon of the Year? Call me crazy, but I thought baby kissing, hand shakes, and votes were for politicians hehehehe

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    If this is about friendly, in-house competition... why dont we do it the old fashioned way... ya know... GRAPPLE!!!! Where is the 10th Planet In House World Championship to determine the moon, or the nominated 10 man tournament to determine warrior?? I wanna fight to win.... not do a lot of typing on my mac to win.

Array

School
    10p CM/BP/OR/LV
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan fortiN View Post
    Denny got his Black Belt in 2009, how is that reflective of 2013?? NO DOUBT THAT SAN FRAN IS A FORCE, but what does that have to do with this year? I feel the moons who had black belts promoted in 2013 should raise a stronger case, yet where is Corona?? Watching everyones students on Facebook, trying to get all there friends to come vote........ this is like American Idol. So, essentially its about who can direct the most amount of traffic to the forum to cast a vote... how does that make you Warrior, or Moon of the Year? Call me crazy, but I thought baby kissing, hand shakes, and votes were for politicians hehehehe
    Because it's a fun thing to do. We are all family. If one wins we all win. This contest is not trying to devalue one to raise another, it's just a fun. It's all love and respect.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    San Fran did a lot this year. This is a popularity contest for sure. I agree 100, but San Fran deserves it a lot more than most

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    If this is about friendly, in-house competition... why dont we do it the old fashioned way... ya know... GRAPPLE!!!! Where is the 10th Planet In House World Championship to determine the moon, or the nominated 10 man tournament to determine warrior?? I wanna fight to win.... not do a lot of typing on my mac to win.
    Set it up!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Denny actively competed this year too and took 3rd at American Nationals and fought at No-Gi Worlds, he has lead by example a lot this year. But between his students and himself it really doesn't surprise me. It gets harder and harder every year to pick a winner since everyone has been making HUGE leaps and bounds for the system. San Francisco is winning because they just like Vista, like Costa Mesa, like Decatur, like Rochester are out their kicking ass and taking names, not shaking hands and kissing people's babies

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'd just like to point out that I train at 10th Planet Decatur. And because of that, we should win.
    That is all.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I'm not in a position to evaluate what constitutes Moon of the Year using ranked or high profile players. I believe there are other meaningful criteria that should also be included when weighing substantive contributions to the system. To that end, I want to give major props to Chris Ludington for his MTS Technique Guide. This is an incredible resource that catalogues the techniques in the 10th Planet system in an easy-to-navigate platform. There's a thread on the Forum dedicated to it. Chris trains with me at 10th P Decatur and runs the Hot Box up in Florence. His contribution is both unique and significant and lends credence to Decatur's nomination. Decatur doesn't have a black black belt (yet) and we haven't placed anyone in the UFC (yet), but one of our players combined his passion for jiu jitsu and his expertise in technology and created an invaluable resource for everybody in the system all around the world. Props, sir...and I plan on passing your guard very soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpitts View Post
    i had to vote for my boys in bethlahem because zach and jon really created a special environment, one of the best places i've ever trained but i wanted to say that i have a big soft spot for vista and costa mesa those guys are savages that are making big things happen for our family .
    say dat!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast