Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    You see I didin't know eddie was doing stuff like that. That's really generous. I will contact Louis Ho, thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bodmon View Post
    sarasin21, don't let people make you feel bad for voicing a reasonable opinion or asking questions as someone who doesn't know something and just wants to rep. I personally ordered a rashie over a year ago to Toronto, and Eddie was nice enough to send it as a gift so shipping was like 3 bucks or something very minimal. For major orders, its more of a pain for you because then you get into duty and custom issues that them good ol US boys don't have (although our brothers outside of North America might be able to relate). You might want to see if its cheaper to order items one by one (just break it down financially and see, because you might get hit with a nice $20-$30 customs hit that the Canadian Gov't loves to hit people with if you order over $100 worth of stuff).

Also look into getting in touch with Louis Ho who runs 10 P Montreal, he might be able to help or give you some good advice because he knows what its like ordering stuff to the province. I personally didn't think your suggestion was ridiculous, but I'd be interested to see Eddie's response to it. He's a pretty reasonable guy and would say yes or no with a decent reason. One things for sure, he does do this for a living, so cutting costs here and there do add up, but it seemed like your suggestion was just a suggestion and not meant to carve anyone or be disrespectful.

Cheers bro!

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    I also do have to say that the 20$ off after buying 10p product was a bad idea, I didn't think much about that one.

If it was me I would increase MTS to 5.50$ or 6$ a month and offer a % discount on certain products like T shirts. Just to get free advertisement out there while clients buying MTS at the same time. It's like when you join a gym, some places give you a free T shirt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    No hate for your sugestion, but just a few points.

I have found every aspect of 10th planet reasonable and a great value for my money. The ammount of knowledge and entertainement that you get with MTS for less than the price of a movie ticket is awesome.

There are martial arts franchises out there that financialy rape their members from insane membership fees to manditory over priced uniforms and equipment that must be purchased through them.

I really feel like Eddie and the system has given a lot to me , and by supporting and repping 10pl through the store I'm giving something back. Just like when given the chance I would rather support the neighborhood mom and pop store rather than walmart or amazon.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    Just the nike rashgaurd I bought in that pic you see I bought for 40$ and that was in the states. And when Herzogg says "discounts" I think he means "inexpensive" because I have never seen discounts at the 10p store, there is a difference..

And I don't think its ridiculous to compare eddies store with amazon when both of them sell products by the internet. Amazon uses free shipping as a "promotion" to get clients to buy more for a little less and it works for them so why not here? So tell me Herzog why is it ridiculous?
    Couple of things, the nike "rashguard" for $40 is of no comparison to the quality and artwork of the Hq rashies. When Coach says discounts he doesnt mean inexpensive. He means Eddie sells stuff at discounted prices, just bc you dont see a discount doesnt mean its not there. Now Im sure if you want, Eddie could post up the rashies for another 10-20 bucks higher and then discount it for you if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy lol. Comparing Eddies online store to Amazon is pretty ridiculous. Amazon makes millions and can make up the "free shipping" elsewhere, where it just isnt so with Eddie. Maybe yallz got it in your minds that Eddie is a millionaire and can just do whatever he wants. I totally understand that shipping out of the states is more expensive but that doesnt mean Eddie should eat that extra cost. As far as the closest moon to you being 3 hours away is pretty funny, the closest moon to us is Gulf Shores only a short 11 hours away lol. Do you think the moons dont pay shipping? Do you think that cost isnt added in when you buy a rashie at a moon? Would it cost you more in gas to get to the moon or more in shipping to order? That be the question to ask yourself at this current time, now maybe in the future as we grow this could be an option. Maybe the above stuff is just simply things yall havent thought about. Now if anyone feels anything I said is bashing or whatever you wanna call it all I can say is have a cup of harden the fuck up

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Couple of things, the nike "rashguard" for $40 is of no comparison to the quality and artwork of the Hq rashies. When Coach says discounts he doesnt mean inexpensive. He means Eddie sells stuff at discounted prices, just bc you dont see a discount doesnt mean its not there. Now Im sure if you want, Eddie could post up the rashies for another 10-20 bucks higher and then discount it for you if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy lol. Comparing Eddies online store to Amazon is pretty ridiculous. Amazon makes millions and can make up the "free shipping" elsewhere, where it just isnt so with Eddie. Maybe yallz got it in your minds that Eddie is a millionaire and can just do whatever he wants. I totally understand that shipping out of the states is more expensive but that doesnt mean Eddie should eat that extra cost. As far as the closest moon to you being 3 hours away is pretty funny, the closest moon to us is Gulf Shores only a short 11 hours away lol. Do you think the moons dont pay shipping? Do you think that cost isnt added in when you buy a rashie at a moon? Would it cost you more in gas to get to the moon or more in shipping to order? That be the question to ask yourself at this current time, now maybe in the future as we grow this could be an option. Maybe the above stuff is just simply things yall havent thought about. Now if anyone feels anything I said is bashing or whatever you wanna call it all I can say is have a cup of harden the fuck up
    Spot on Brandon! Whatever people think or say about Eddie one thing stands out. MTS at $5 a month is ridiculously underpriced. He could potentially charge upwards of $20 and still have most of us (probably almost all of us) paying that. Marcelo charges $25, the Gracie Academy for platinum membership including access to their archives is $45. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure both these options are great but you can't compare to the quality of MTS and the insanely low price.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    So tell me Herzog why is it ridiculous?
    Just an FYI if you are not trying to piss people off I would make sure that my questions to Coach Herzog do not seem disrespectful.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Thanks for sharing, hearing posts like this helps us realize that its not just MTS the only thing given at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Krotzer View Post
    No hate for your sugestion, but just a few points.

I have found every aspect of 10th planet reasonable and a great value for my money. The ammount of knowledge and entertainement that you get with MTS for less than the price of a movie ticket is awesome.

There are martial arts franchises out there that financialy rape their members from insane membership fees to manditory over priced uniforms and equipment that must be purchased through them.

I really feel like Eddie and the system has given a lot to me , and by supporting and repping 10pl through the store I'm giving something back. Just like when given the chance I would rather support the neighborhood mom and pop store rather than walmart or amazon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Eddie should hook all the moon heads up with free rash guards for xmas.

Ill pay the shipping :-)

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Just an FYI if you are not trying to piss people off I would make sure that my questions to Coach Herzog do not seem disrespectful.
    True, but Herzog got me a bit ticked off for bashing people including myself especially since he`s an instructor I thought he would be more professional. So I thought about asking him why if it`s so ridiculous. He`s assuming we already know that Eddie is giving out discounts and all but myself personally didn`t know this.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Dude, please tell me your joking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    Eddie should hook all the moon heads up with free rash guards for xmas.

Ill pay the shipping :-)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast