Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

funny thing about the anderson silva weidman rematch

i remember when jon jones got a decision victory over alexander gustaffson and people made the comment that someone would have to knock out submit and tko jon jones to have a chance at getting the belt and the same could be said about GSP and johnny hendricks.

funny thing is, is this what happened with anderson silva? i still feel like he is the champion and chris wiener is at most an interim champion. and i think unless wiener destroys silva in devastating and i mean 4-5 rounds of destruction before massive knockout or submission win, will he be taken seriously.

i feel like anderson silva will still have the champions advantage if it goes to the judges.

what does everyone think?

personally i cant wait to see anderson go out and kill wiener, i want him to full embrace the matrix and destroy.

Sam Sales

I see a picture of Anderson on the web this morning and he looked jacked. Best shape I have ever seen him in.

Sam Sales

here is the pic I was talking about -

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    I see a picture of Anderson on the web this morning and he looked jacked. Best shape I have ever seen him in.
    he seems more confident and deadly, what ive seen from him training is insane. and watching the wiener/silva fight back, until he stuffed his footing up, wiener looked like he was getting tired and frustrated, and anderson was picking him apart. i say anderson has a good chance of finishing it quickly, weidman has a pretty good chance too, but if it goes into championship rounds, then i think its looking great for anderson and if it goes to decision id say anderson has the advantage there aswell. itll b cool to see some more of andersons jiu jitsu aswell.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I dunno man.. legends usually come from somewhere, and Weidmans never been stopped.
    I really like both their styles, so I'm just exited for the fight itself, who wins doesn't matter as much to me.

Gotta love flashy kicks and crisp jiu jitsu tho.. But Weidman isn't exactly boring either. Stylewise I think he's dangerous for Silva, I'll say that much. But Silva is probably very motivated, and he's had plenty of expirience fighting wrestling based fighters before.

Looking forward to the fight! :}

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Anderson is not a decision fighter. When's the last time one of his fights went to decision? Maia? When he wasn't even really going for the kill? Anderson is not a decision fighter. The last time he came close to a decision was when Chael owned him for 4 and a half rounds. What I"m getting at is that if it goes to a decision, it will likely favor Weidman because Weidman's style is more suitable for winning rounds. I don't see Anderson jabbing and leg kicking his way to a decision. He either KO's you or submits you. If Silva wins, it's by KO or sub. If it goes to a decision, it's because Weidman was able to take him down and control him for 3 or more rounds.

I WANT Anderson to win. I want to see him put on a striking clinic. I don't think it will happen though. I think Weidman just has the style to beat Anderson.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Weidman submission round 2. Weidman has Silva's number. Just like Edgar has Penn's number. It just one of those opponents that is his kriptonite
    #10thplanetFREAKS