Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Joao and Paulo Miyao promoted to Black Belt by Cicero Costha

http://jiujitsumag.com/joao-and-paul...cicero-costha/

Earlier today, Joao Miyao and Paulo Miyao were promoted to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belts under their Professor Cicero Costha in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The Miyao brothers who are famous for their berimbolo and nonstop training methods truly deserve this promotion. We are looking forward to their career at black belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I was wondering how long till they got those black belts.

Array

School
    Home
    I just watched some of their videos and I couldn't believe all of the retarded comments by people. As a brand new practitioner, even I can see the brilliance in their guard work. It just motivates me to learn as much as I can. Maybe I'll get lucky in a few years and get to meet one of these meat heads posting that garbage in real life and give them a "demonstration" lol. Congrats Miyao brothers!

Last edited by gregcollins; 01-11-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    ^what kinds of comments?

Array

School
    Home
    This one got me going........."I've never done JJ, but I'm better at it than this kid, all that BS rolling and he could not find a submission? what a joke. In a real fight, if you are on your back then you have already lost....period. If im fighting you and you are on your back on the ground then im winning that fight, I don't care if you are the best gracie, you're dead." lol!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcollins View Post
    This one got me going........."I've never done JJ, but I'm better at it than this kid, all that BS rolling and he could not find a submission? what a joke. In a real fight, if you are on your back then you have already lost....period. If im fighting you and you are on your back on the ground then im winning that fight, I don't care if you are the best gracie, you're dead." lol!
    Oh geez, that shouldn't even get a rise out of you. You should've just scrolled past his comment as soon as he said "I've never done JJ." That's like me sayin, I've never fixed a car, but this is what you should do. He has no valid opinion.

Array

School
    Home
    Yes David, I will need to make that (ignoring dumb posts) part of my training, lol!
    Last edited by gregcollins; 01-11-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: edit

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Lots of good jj people don't like their style. I think it's amazing and have been trying to play that way for the last couple years. For most people, the berimbolo is a sweep, but these cats have turned it into an entire game. They are literally revitalizing the guard in world class nogi competition. I love it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Lots of good jj people don't like their style. I think it's amazing and have been trying to play that way for the last couple years. For most people, the berimbolo is a sweep, but these cats have turned it into an entire game. They are literally revitalizing the guard in world class nogi competition. I love it.
    They have literally berimbolo'd themselves to black belt. It is astounding and it is only getting sharper and they are discovering how to work it in any position. I am not a huge fan but they are both killers.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    It's a guard style now. When you get deep into it. There are so many movements combined to make all the transitions and positions work it's amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast