Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

Ginastica Natural

I've been told that yoga, specifically ginastica natural, is very good supplementation for jiu jitsu. Any thoughts? If so, any tips for home practicing?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I've been told that yoga, specifically ginastica natural, is very good supplementation for jiu jitsu. Any thoughts? If so, any tips for home practicing?
    Yes. Always wear speedos. Always.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    Yes. Always wear speedos. Always.
    Thanks man! I think my game will be upped dramatically with this little tweak

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Before every practice. I love it. Fluid transitions and unorthodox coordination. I'm too a.d.d. for regular yoga.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I took a seminar from the Ginastica Natural once. He's the guy from your video. I think his program is great. It's based 100% on body weight excercises. No weights. Just lifting your body in various ways. And his program is specifically designed to help jiu jitsu players. He's they guy that taught Rickson some of his excercises. I think it's a great program. Needless to say, I'm too lazy to actually DO the program myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa/10th Planet Buena Park
    Coincidentally we have the Ginastica Fundamental DVD on sale today for $22.00. Great material that directly translates to grappling. Good to do on your off days
    http://www.budovideos.com/ginastica-...ro-romano.html

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    Ginastica is a brilliant way to warm up and stretch or even work out with actions relating to bjj. I love this stuff and first started trying to pick up some technique from watching a few videos, and then did a seminar with Xande and he showed some simple ways to use it as a quick warm up. I get our kids to do a little and they love the motions. A lot of it helps you program certain flow and reactions into your body mechanics which I find really help with bjj. I'm still a Ginastica white belt, but I've got one of the dvds and I'm hoping to blend more of it into my warmup style because the little I've learnt has had a huge positive impact on me