Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

Back attack countered with Banana Split

At least I think that is what happened. I had to watch this a couple times to see what was going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHqQI...&feature=share

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Looks like he might have been attacking the knee like a inverted knee bar thingy? I dunno.. Hmm

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    Looks like he might have been attacking the knee like a inverted knee bar thingy? I dunno.. Hmm
    Yeah its definitely an inverted knee bar, but from a head on the inside of his legs version of the truck. He seemed to look like he was really thinking about what to do from the position. It didn't look to me as if it was something he drilled 1000x times, but more of a spur of the moment type thing.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I've watched this vid like 100x last year. Probably my favorite sub I've seen in comp.

Array

School
    So is an inverted kneebar possible from the truck?

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    cool. I was wondering what was going on there. Was about to fall asleep last night and kept thinking Ill just watch 1 more video. Watched the video like 10 times and thought screw it Ill just post it on the forum.

Can any of this be done no gi. could you possibly control someone enough to get to the truck from someone trying to take you back or the kneebar

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    cool. I was wondering what was going on there. Was about to fall asleep last night and kept thinking Ill just watch 1 more video. Watched the video like 10 times and thought screw it Ill just post it on the forum.

Can any of this be done no gi. could you possibly control someone enough to get to the truck from someone trying to take you back or the kneebar
    If I'm seeing it right, looks like you can reverse it as long as they only have one hook. I'm still trying to figure it out because it happened in more of a scramble and not really a controlled path.

Array

School
    So from how I'm seeing it, he defended the second hook, turned toward the guy and rolled sort of like a samurai which put the other guy in position for him to grab the free leg and finish.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    So is an inverted kneebar possible from the truck?
    Anything's possible!!! LOL! No, I'm pretty sure zog is right in that it was more like a spur of the moment in a weird position type thing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post

The back with one hook is "kinda" the truck, so ya, it's like flipping the truck.. Sorta what this guy did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast