Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Lamisil cream takes 4 to 5 days, not 4 weeks, that's Lotrimin. If you eat yogurt or 4 acidophilus pills EVERY day you will never get it.
    We must be getting good the watered down version of Lamisil in Canada! I'll be looking into the acidophilus pills, thanks for the info

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Conner putting bleach on it is retarded. Bleach is horribly bad for you, and leave open sore with is highly which is extremely dangerous as you could an infection or worse. Thats very irresponsible of your teammates.
    Lol. Coach Zog you kind of summed it all up with the retarded statement. Many of my teammates are retarded wrestlers.Lol. They were not trying to do me any harm , they really thought that was the best way to take care of it. I have passed the info on to them as well. I now have the appropriate cream and am treating Dune The Worm correctly!
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Lamisil cream takes 4 to 5 days, not 4 weeks, that's Lotrimin. If you eat yogurt or 4 acidophilus pills EVERY day you will never get it.
    And if you guys are lucky, Eddie will tell you what Vitamin B is used for...

I used the over-the-counter med on my son's ring worm (not jiu jitsu related). Cleared up in a few weeks (can't remember if it was Lotrmin or Lamisil though). And I use Armbar Soap after every training session , and I have never gotten it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Foot fungus spray kills it within 4 days for me. I spray it about 10 times a day though
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    For me...

Defense Soap
    Kombucha
    Lamisil

These three got rid of it within 1-2 weeks... since I've been regularly using defense soap, I haven't caught the worm again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Over the Counter Creams seems to work for most variants of athletes foot and it takes about a week for it to clear up and about another week or two to fully treat. But if you get the nasty type of ring worm you have too use Lamasil cream. Lamasil cream nukes it all and nukes it fast. One doctor warned me about the oral pill form of Lamasil and said it is dangerous because the way it works is that it blocks T-cells, which are the cells that fight cancer. His opinion was the cream was fine but only take the pills if your finger or toe nails are falling off or you have it in your eyes or on your scalp.

It seems that if you use one of the various soaps out there and are vigilant about cleaning socks, shoes & equipment, and shower right after a workout or when you are barefoot in public that the fungus stays away. And look out for dirty slobs who don't wash their equipment and have obviously funky feet on the mat. Mats at competitions seem to be breeding grounds for this stuff.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBJJ View Post
    We must be getting good the watered down version of Lamisil in Canada! I'll be looking into the acidophilus pills, thanks for the info
    Its because you have the state run medical system, you get all the cheap stuff. Come to America where you pay an arm and a leg for nothing but the best...... wait a minute Obama changed all that. Now we are going to get the same sh*t as you guys.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    One of the active ingredients of Defense Soap is tea tree oil. It has antimicrobial properties. I add a few drops to my laundry when washing my gear. Might be overkill, but I don't want to miss any mat time, especially due to a skin infection!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Hi Smokey and welcome to the forum.

Yeah I buy my soap from an MLM company called Melaleuca, and it is awesome. It's like defense soap and heavy on the tea tree oil. I get it shipped to my houe every month.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    http://superbodycare.com/

Super Body Care did me right the last time I had it, so I have to recommend them. Also follow Eddie's advice on Lamasil and probiotics.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast