Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)

Noob questions about the warm ups

Ok started hitting the first two warm up series last week and I have some questions.

1. When doing the wrestlers granby is there any tips on how to stay high on your shoulders, I keep losing my balance.

2. For the side control granby, is it supposed to be more a drill on the smashing pass or an escape for side control if the guy jacks up and lets you go.

Thanks for the help!

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Hey there!!

1.) try keeping your feel on the mat at all times and use them to help you keep your balance and lift your hips. Practice just getting inverted with your feet on the ground first, if you want, by sitting down and rolling directly backwards. Its the same position you should be in half way through the granby.

2) its practice for both. The granby side control escape works great as long as your opponent doesnt have control of your upper body, as in when one of your oponents arms is crossfacing you and the other is around your legs, wrestler style. Make sure you are t-rexing, preventing him/her from getting underhooks on you.

Hope this helps.