Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    One girl even threw up after because she had never gone that long and hard before.
    Wonder if she weighed back in afterwards and complained about being placed in the wrong weight class and that's why she lost? =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    I actually prefer the format we use for the Sub Only Series (different than Sub Only). It's a round robin where everyone gets four matches. Submissions get three points, draws one, and losing gets zero points, and the competitor with the most points wins the division.

In the event of a tie, and there usually is, we look at the cumulative time of all the matches (lowest time wins). If there is still a tie, and this hasn't happened yet - although once there was a difference of just five seconds - the fastest single submission will be the tiebreaker.

It's fair, it's clear, and it provides competitors with the experience they all need. The person who loses their first round needs the experience just as much as the person who wins.

But I did feel that the Sub Only tournament had a very interesting approach and perhaps that would be more interesting from a spectators perspective for higher ranking matches.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I like all 3 sub only formats, Gracie Nationals rules, Submission Challenge rules and Sub Leagues/Subonly Series rules. They are all a million times better than the points format
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Javier Vazquez Gracie JJ
    I was there, it was cool, I have some videos of Compella, should I post them?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I like all 3 sub only formats, Gracie Nationals rules, Submission Challenge rules and Sub Leagues/Subonly Series rules. They are all a million times better than the points format
    I agree... they all promote the true heart of jiu jitsu better than points tournaments.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    This! I love all of these formats! The round robin idea sounds clean cut, But Derek's seems to be very good as well... Love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12