Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its similiar to the leo viera snap roll, I dig it.

There ways to get the hooks following the roll if they defend by bringin the knees to elbows. Get butterfly hooks under their legs stretch them out one at a time and put the hooks in.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Yeah lets not listen to the ADCC competitor that was seconds away from beating Kron. What does he know anyway?
    You mean the one where he used the truck so effectively?

I'm lookin to make constructive observations. No need for the passive aggression bro. Tonin as good as he is is an outsider we already have options in our system. The truck, swim move set ups as well as all the traditional shit that is proven to work from turtle.

Thanks Zog would love to see more of the details you speak of.
    Last edited by Chris Garry; 01-17-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    You mean the one where he used the truck so effectively?

I'm lookin to make constructive observations. No need for the passive aggression bro. Tonin as good as he is is an outsider we already have options in our system. The truck, swim move set ups as well as all the traditional shit that is proven to work from turtle.

Thanks Zog would love to see more of the details you speak of.
    I trained with Gary for about 8 weeks last year. His game is incredible, and it works on everyone, big or small. Just rolling with him I leveled up everytime. Being able to feel that next level, it was eye opening.

I don't see many leg locks in the traditional system. Sure there's a few calf slices, a heel hook from the knot, a toe hold or two, but even Eddie himself has said he doesn't go for them much. Me on the other hand, I look for leg locks from everywhere.

I could demonstrate leg locks from passing open guard, from inside guard, from having someone on your back. They are not in the system, but this doesn't make them incorrect, or secondary options when they are my go to's.

Jiu jitsu is your game, make it work for you. If you like it add it, if you don't, do not. If you think at this stage in your game you are better off following only the system because its simpler that way and that works for you, that's awesome. That's what it's here for. That's why we all love it.

But there are more options. Eddie may preach M1, where I like taking heel hooks.

I love 10th Planet, but there are other good set ups out there. Can't hurt to be open minded as a blue belt when you are still finding your game. You may just try something new and love it.

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    I was just thinking about this video the other day! I've tried it in class before and it's slick as fuck.

Thanks for the reminder, Chauncey!

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I honestly don't know what I've said to get this kinda heat fam. I haven't disrespected Gary in fact I rate him as highly as you all do.

It's unlike me to do this but I' don't know what else to say at this point so I'm jus gonna drop this here and head off to another thread now.. What is it you ask?? Oh, only me convincingly beating a seasoned black belt of many years, something I'm not sure many blue belts finding their game can say they've done. 10P4L I got love for you all.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqDwWfgOeoc

1:30

I saw this video a while back and I think it is the same technique!
    Last edited by Sergio Lozoya; 01-17-2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Weird embed link

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I like it and have played around with it rolling.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque

Here we go! 1:30 mark

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    What is he a black belt in?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    I honestly don't know what I've said to get this kinda heat fam. I haven't disrespected Gary in fact I rate him as highly as you all do.

It's unlike me to do this but I' don't know what else to say at this point so I'm jus gonna drop this here and head off to another thread now.. What is it you ask?? Oh, only me convincingly beating a seasoned black belt of many years, something I'm not sure many blue belts finding their game can say they've done. 10P4L I got love for you all.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I use this all the time and I kill with it. the presence of the seatbelt and close proximity to the neck almost always me to get a hook in. If not, I use marcelo's back control technique holding on to the seatbelt and sprawling back maintaining dominant position.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast