Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Chris, I'm having difficultly creating enough momentum to come all the way around into the triangle. Any tips?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    Chris, I'm having difficultly creating enough momentum to come all the way around into the triangle. Any tips?
    I'm not coach, but from my experience in using the ghost escape into butterfly taught me two things: use the your lower arm to push off the opponents hip, and pull the the opponents arm as you glide. I feel like pulling the arm as you glide helps you generate the momentum to come all the way around.

I'd say get in a few reps of ghost to sprawl top to get a feel for it. Then work ghost to butterfly a bit to feel out how to get the right momentum. Once you have that down, quarter ghost to triangle will come as second nature.

Personally, I need to brush up on the series because ghost to sprawl, ghost to marce, and the specter are all I've really needed lately. My ghost to butterfly sucks. When I try it's more like ghost to seated open guard. Buuuut, at least I get out of side bottom. It's a good ass series if you give it a shot and actually put in the reps.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    What a way to miss on some good sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Are you being serious right now? Are you telling me you've nailed every pass, every sweep, every submission you've attempted without failure? Be realistic. There's varying degrees of effectiveness of any technique along with a lot of other variables that can lower or raise that percentage (strength, skill, reps, etc). Jiu jitsu would be awfully boring if that wasn't the case. Lol. Eddie would tell you this himself. Shit, there's even a sweep Eddie named "Plan B".

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Generalizing an entire group is always wrong. Just is. I don't care what country you're from. Its irrelevant as it should be.
    thanks bobby. much love.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I'm not coach, but from my experience in using the ghost escape into butterfly taught me two things: use the your lower arm to push off the opponents hip, and pull the the opponents arm as you glide. I feel like pulling the arm as you glide helps you generate the momentum to come all the way around.

I'd say get in a few reps of ghost to sprawl top to get a feel for it. Then work ghost to butterfly a bit to feel out how to get the right momentum. Once you have that down, quarter ghost to triangle will come as second nature.

Personally, I need to brush up on the series because ghost to sprawl, ghost to marce, and the specter are all I've really needed lately.
    My ghost to butterfly sucks. When I try it's more like ghost to seated open guard. Buuuut, at least I get out of side bottom. It's a good ass series if you give it a shot and actually put in the reps.
    Thanks David. I've been drilling ghost to sprawl for a while and I feel pretty good about it when repping but against good opponents I never pull it off in sparring. I have the same issue where I can't create enough momentum. Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try them out. I know I'm missing an important detail, I just don't know what. Lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    David is on point. Griff the most important detail is to make sure you are on your side when you start gliding. It's hard to gain the momentum if you are on your back, not impossible mind you, but wayyyy less efficient.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Yeah, way to address my argument, cool guy! B)
    oh the irony.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    The key to the entry is fighting for half guard. Too many guys miss this detail. If your guys knee isn't in your gut to prevent guard recovery, your ghost chances are reduced by like 80% (made up number just to make a point lol).

You want to shrimp, fight to recover guard or half guard. A smart player will bring the knee in to block your guard recovery. If they don't block, just recover guard. If they do block, that's when you go "whizzer/pimp arm" and go for the ghost. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that's the detail you're missing. Also, be ready to specter as you're ghosting. Just my input.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    In trying to find ways to counter the knee slice pass, I came across this video which shows some sort of "ghosting" move. It starts at 33 second mark.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Bruce, The Ghost is my #1 counter to the knee slice

It's no different then using it from Quarter Guard, it's just one continual motion.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast