Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Bruce, The Ghost is my #1 counter to the knee slice

It's no different then using it from Quarter Guard, it's just one continual motion.
    Thank Coach. I've been trying to find solution to this knee slice pass for a long time. Will definitely put this into Cora's game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Start her with ghost to sprawl control, it's the easiest one to start with.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Bruce make sure she ghosts out when she feels the pressure, also make sure that when she does the ghost that the legs glide across the mat as she rotates the hips and they don't drag so you don't Homer Simpson run.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    After playing with this a bunch, I am really liking Ghost to Sprawl-Control, then to Back of the Truck from MTS:64. The more pressure and aggression the opponent uses, the easier it seems to be. Just as he starts to resist the Sprawl Control, then make the quick move to Back of the Truck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    After playing with this a bunch, I am really liking Ghost to Sprawl-Control, then to Back of the Truck from MTS:64. The more pressure and aggression the opponent uses, the easier it seems to be. Just as he starts to resist the Sprawl Control, then make the quick move to Back of the Truck.
    Putting the 2 transitions together is super legit!

Array

School
    blank
    i don't know about you guys but i was messing around with this yesterday and i found it helped to bridge into my opponent first to create space and ensure i'm on my side before bringing my right arm under to the hip and ghosting out.

that said, it all has to be done in a fluid motion or you're creating too big of an opportunity for your opponent to counter and take up the space you created.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Heres the orginal series from Side Control

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    i don't know about you guys but i was messing around with this yesterday and i found it helped to bridge into my opponent first to create space and ensure i'm on my side before bringing my right arm under to the hip and ghosting out.

that said, it all has to be done in a fluid motion or you're creating too big of an opportunity for your opponent to counter and take up the space you created.
    Quick tip that you can observe in the video: don't try to ghost if they don't drive their knee to your gut to block guard recovery. Yes, definitely bridge/shrimp. But if you have space to replace guard, just do that. If they drive their knee in (which they're supposed to..it's just good fundamentals), that's when you whizzer pimp arm and go to the ghost. If there's no knee, just re-establish guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post

I use "baby bumps" (small short multiple bridges) to do just what your describing, if I can't shrimp to my side and I'm stuck on my back. I use to small bumps rather than a large bridge that to avoid the same issues you stated. I'd much rather shrimp to my side however it is a good fall back plan.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This deserves a bump!!!! After watching Andrew Alexander match on facebook yesterday. Andrew hit a Ghost from side control to triangle. It was a thing of beauty.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast