Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Tokyo Hotbox

My match from Gracie Nationals

I know there was a request for videos from yesterday's event, so I just wanted to share my match with those interested in watching. Ended up getting caught but felt that I did alright for my first time competing in over 2 yrs and a day after finishing a course of anti biotics. No excuses though, was really grateful to get an opportunity to compete and hope that I can learn some lessons from this one. Any advice or input, especially on the ending of the match, would be taken in consideration and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'm not one to ever critique or criticize an upper rank. My only observation, for what it's worth, is you got tunnel vision on that d'arce and missed an opportunity to chase the back when he came up to his knees (at 3:20) there was a slight window for an entrance to the truck or maybe even a back take. It looks like you stood to chase rather than clinch to chase and he was able to get some funky ass arm thing. Tough match and props for putting it out there, especially after being out of competition for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Nice Job out there, way to rep.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Japanese Neck Tie all day. The Darce is much easier to defend and takes longer to set up than the necktie.

Towards the end of the match, when you had the vice grip and your opponent was on his knees, it looks like you were trying to pull him over with your arms. It is better to drive your opponent over by pushing into him with your chest - that way there is no loosening of the vice grip.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Nice job man!

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    Good job, tough match. For sure Jap neck tie.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Bad ass job bro!

I loved the side contro escape where you flipped him over. Also, great whip up to dog fightat the begining!

You got caught bro, it happens. Better luck next time!

PS nice guillotine defense!