School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin

Urijah Faber would not receive his black belt

What Nibiru fam think about this article
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/31...-receive-black

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Who cares? Thats their coach, those are his rules. Urijah doesn't seem to care.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I agree, who cares as long as faber is happy, but at the same time thats kind of nuts! Haha

To me jiu jitsu is jiu jitsu no matter what garment you wear. I dont see how wearing a traditional japanise garment makes it legit or not, but to each his own.

I agree with what prado says about promoting guys via the internet. Seems like marketing tactics and easy ways to promote their brand to me, but again, to each his own.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    "Some Checkmat guys are giving belts too quickly," he said. "If you ask those guys, Cormier won’t know how to score a jiu-jitsu fight. How are you going to promote a guy this way?
    Score how, according to IBJJF rules? I hope that is not what he's saying, but whatever.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Score how, according to IBJJF rules? I hope that is not what he's saying, but whatever.
    But why should that matter anyway, he's not trying to be a mundials champion. If he has the technical knowledge and skills to implement it and his coach fells he's deserving or earned the grade what business is it of theirs.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Who cares? Thats their coach, those are his rules. Urijah doesn't seem to care.
    I agree too. Besides, it might be a cool thing to do after he retires down the road.

I like it, Gi BJJ is a different animal than MMA or even No Gi Jiu Jitsu, wearing a black belt in the Gi and not knowing collar chokes, grips, etc...isnt right IMO

Not saying Uriah doesn't know those, looks like he has trained in the Gi, but his coach feels he isn't a black belt yet in the Gi which is fine

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Prado does seminars at a school near mine, that guy is a turd for sure. He is right about it getting watered down and all, but still very closed minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew "Chewie" James View Post
    But why should that matter anyway, he's not trying to be a mundials champion. If he has the technical knowledge and skills to implement it and his coach fells he's deserving or earned the grade what business is it of theirs.

exactly

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Also, I wonder why it is, that he hasn't been training in the GI since he had all those fights last year? Doesn't training GI help your jiu jitsu in mma?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast