Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

What is your preferred submission from INVISIBLE COLLAR?

Ok guys so here I am again picking yall's brain. I've notice that recently when Cora's battle bigger stronger boys, it is so had for her to get to invisible collar, but when she manage to get into invisible collar, she chose to go for the armbar and it just hasn't pan out all that great. So what is your preferred submission from the invisible collar that will end it there?

At the 2:35 mark of this video is what I am talking about. The boy seem to manage to pull the arm out. Just need to tweak this in preparation for Kids Pan Am in 2 weeks. And jiu claw is out of the question as they don't allow kids to do omoplata. Thank you.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Now I always try to make muddy waters happen off invisible collar. It's actually way easier going to muddy waters off IC than Ny crackhead
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I've notice that recently when Cora's battle bigger stronger boys, it is so had for her to get to invisible collar
    If you're going against Zombie conscious opponents, Invisible Crackhead is the way to go to get the eventual Invisible Collar. You can just chicken wing them from there to get the easy hand on the mat. There are also Duda and Baratoplata transitions you can work from that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Now I always try to make muddy waters happen off invisible collar. It's actually way easier going to muddy waters off IC than Ny crackhead
    This.

Array

School
    hmmmm never played that transition before. We always get muddy waters from Ny crackhead. We'll give it a go.

Array

School
    Duda is not legal for kids. We play with the baratoplata some, but haven't really drilled it that much lately. Been spending more time polishing her spider guard.

Array

School
    KJJ
    This post isn't gonna help answer your question, but I just had to say it.... Cora's got some AMAZING jits! I mean, that boy was a heck of a lot bigger than her (not to mention, he has obvious "boy strength") - but that web that she kept spinning, all those inversions she was hitting... really, really impressive stuff.

Gotta admit I enjoyed that match a lot more than most world championship matches (what's wrong with me, right? ).

Array

School
    KJJ
    Also, she's gonna be SOOOO good once she's allowed to do omoplatas, that's such an easy, direct 'go to' move from the rubber guard/armbars/triangles/etc (i.e. everything that she's already doing superbly with).

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Maybe it's not the submission, maybe she just needs more reps on it. Here's what I saw, and I'm only putting my two cents in bc this is where I'm best. Big girl/guy in invisible collar or crackhead to arm bar. :-) Ok, so the boy's hand was on the mat on her left side. She overlooks it and goes for the armbar. 1st thing. She should have stomped harder on his neck with the left foot, major leg curls. 2nd thing, had she stomped on the head and squeezed her knees together tight, she would have had time to transition from the overhook to a deep hook. It looked like she was going for a flower sweep with her right arm, which is awesome, but she probably could've used it to help control his arm, even going to a Kimura grip, or taking the extra hand and cupping his elbow to pull it in front of her hips.

These are just suggestions for tightening up the sub from what I saw. Also, don't forget the far side armbar. That's a good one to have in the back pocket as well. Hope this helps Cora!
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    No hands Invisible croc=the best thing ever . When muddy waters came out, I started inserting that as an in between position when I need the added control to keep them from slipping out. In general, when they are pulling back out I go muddy waters first, when they are stacking over my head I straight up invisible croc and if I have complete control in the middle either one will work

Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Duda is not legal for kids. We play with the baratoplata some, but haven't really drilled it that much lately. Been spending more time polishing her spider guard.
    If omaplata's are illegal for kids, you bet your bottom dollar the IBJJF will DQ you for a baratoplata.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    gogo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast