Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Kim View Post
    No offense, but this wouldn't work.

Pumping to lock the shoulder from Mission Control is unrealistic. There's a reason why we pump from Crackhead Control.

The problem with what I saw from Brackish Waters is that you have to momentarily unlock the shoulder just to secure anything. Mid transition, there's a lot of room for the guy to shrug his shoulder free or simply back out of the guard. It looks a lot like Muddy Waters without the hand on the mat, which doesn't work; dead orchard aside.

Also implying that someone could just shrug out of a sinched dead orchard is laughable.
    the only thing laughable, is the fact that you are trying to pick apart a more experienced, higher ranking, certified instructors technique on the internet. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Well let's not all get our undies in a bunch. Barncat's a straight killer. I like the concept, we've been messing around with something similar with a pump from M.C. in Chicago. Royce has a point, but like its been said, I'm sure the Barncat has encountered similar situations, you dont just win as many NAGA belts as he has doing techniques that don't work. Even if for some reason it fails, there's so much creativity being pumped in and poured out of the system, and I think that's what matters because we're all looking for new ways to succeed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    another blue belt telling someone shit doesnt work....REALLY!!! it may not work for you but it works for Brian, which means it may work for someone else. Thanks for posting Brian!!!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'm still stuck on RG basic path with minor variations and meathook (I love meathook). This is too advanced for me tbh. But once I get my RG game up to snuff, I'm definitely interested in working with this. Looks like fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    There are a LOT of things in Jiu Jitsu that don't work...... for me (and that's the key.. they don't work for me).... But a definitive - that doesn't work - is (in my opinion) very arrogant and borderline disrespectful (considering the source). I don't play much rubber guard. I'm not willing to put in the reps or work to be flexible enough to effectively play it. That's a me problem. But I HAVE to be aware of guys that do. And even if I don't use a lot of the rubber guard path, I can almost perfectly discuss the path and options from memory. I study it.

But why?

I'm glad you asked.

Because the first thing I ever do BEFORE learning a new technique (on my own not from my instructor) is find out as many of the counters as I can. When I find myself in rubber guard, I am going through the path in my head. I am preparing for what's next (or could be next).

Brian is sharing possibilities. They have obviously "worked" at some point or he wouldn't be using them. I see zero benefit from dismissing the possibilities especially when they are being shared by a person that is not only an avid rubber guard player but also a moon head.

Thank you Brian for sharing, more attacks for me to worry about when I make the mistake of playing in rubber guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    another blue belt telling someone shit doesnt work....REALLY!!! it may not work for you but it works for Brian, which means it may work for someone else. Thanks for posting Brian!!!
    Im telling you man , blue belts are like Seniors in High School, think there all hot shit but once they graduate (to purple) realize there nothing but sperm in a great open sea of killers (some realize ,others keep being douches) I never agreed with joe about how BJJ there less D bags there everyewhere no matter sport, hobby, or career. Which is why its nice to meet cool down to earth people anywhere you go.

Anyways this looks like some legit rubber guard , dont think I'll be able to since my short legs struggle to even to dead orchard but still good job none the less

Ps. I dont mean literally all blue belts thatd be stupid just like the idea of having this disclaimer but theres always someone who get offended "bro Im a blue belt and Im not D bag at all so your wrong..." ok imaginary man ok

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Brian, now I understand why you were doing the pump from mission control, I would suggest showing it from crackhead control from now on so that rubber guard players like Royce and I don't nit pick. I didn't mean to focus on something you were purposely trying not to focus on, but that's just me, I couldn't let it go.

As for Royce, he was a bit harsh, considering Debes is a purple belt and Nibiru warrior of the year, but the techniques put up on this forum should be dissected honestly, after all Debes isn't a seasoned black belt, he's still very much a student just like Royce.

Without a doubt, Debes is one of the best RG players in the system but so is Royce, he's prawlee top 5 RG players at hq even tho he's only a blue belt. He has lots of holes in his game but his RG is crazy sick and his guard is a nightmare to pass, so he actually does have a right to critique someone else's RG, let's just hope next time he's a little more nice about it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10thPlanetOceanside/SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Kim View Post
    No offense, but this wouldn't work.

Pumping to lock the shoulder from Mission Control is unrealistic. There's a reason why we pump from Crackhead Control.

The problem with what I saw from Brackish Waters is that you have to momentarily unlock the shoulder just to secure anything. Mid transition, there's a lot of room for the guy to shrug his shoulder free or simply back out of the guard. It looks a lot like Muddy Waters without the hand on the mat, which doesn't work; dead orchard aside.

Also implying that someone could just shrug out of a sinched dead orchard is laughable.

Sorry guys but I agree wit Royce 100%

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Rule of thumb when posting comments online:

Say it out loud to yourself first. Would you say in those exact words to the persons face? lol

We seem just like a real family! haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The detail the whole vid was to emphasize was locking the NEAR shoulder while keeping the far shoulder locked as well. This is why he showed it with the feet crossed nearly half the time.

Triangling your legs in the shoulder trap makes it a more powerful locked shoulder. But adding power can only go so far when you are extremely tiny. Instead of adding power to combat a huge power deficit, this adds another shoulder trap, attacking him with angles and impeding his mobility to combat his vastly superior power... Sorta the essence of jiujitsu.

Also I'll be straight, I can't hit that flying, double-bag shoulder trap brackish waters entry either.. But I'm just a white belt too, I can't do 1/3 the shit barncat does.. Lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast