Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I was just making an example. You are right, a nasty deep RNC can work no matter what. I still use the rule of position before sub on it tho.

Shit.. Marcelo shows guillotines from the bottom of side control. I can't do that shit.. I dunno many that can... He can. Marcelo can just drape his arm around you and you go to sleep. Lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    You shake Marcelo's hand and get drowsy..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    Not disagreeing, would just like to add that in Marcelo's latest book, he says position over submission every time except in the case of the RNC. He says if he's on the back and the RNC is open, regardless if two hooks or less, he is attacking the RNC. But then again, this is Marcelo, and if anyone would jump on RNC like that, it'd be Marcelo.
    All true, but it is not the best practice. Giving the option of rnc without hooks or rnc with hooks which do you think he would choose? I never say leg locks without position don't work, the are however less efficient and generally lower percentage chance of success.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    All true, but it is not the best practice. Giving the option of rnc without hooks or rnc with hooks which do you think he would choose? I never say leg locks without position don't work, the are however less efficient and generally lower percentage chance of success.
    Yup yup. This is why in 10th Planet we use the position called the Thai. Which is one arm sunk around the neck holding his shoulder and the other in a single on one on the same side. So you have control, and you are checking the neck for the choke all at the same time. "Always check the neck in Thailand". Lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Ok so back to leglocks. Whose playing with this corkscrew from the knot? I wanna try it badly but I have no humanoids around yet and I already nearly injured my dog trying it on him.. Lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I havent tried it but Im def keeping an eye out for that corkscrew
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    "Always check the neck in Thailand". Lol
    LOL! nice

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Ok so back to leglocks. Whose playing with this corkscrew from the knot? I wanna try it badly but I have no humanoids around yet and I already nearly injured my dog trying it on him.. Lol.
    Seems as though dogs and children don't appreciate Jiu Jitsu moves being used on them
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    My dogs name is Duke Rufus.. Lol. So anyone done it from inverted knot? I'm losing my mind visualizing it in my head 800,000 times today! Im gonna end up having to pick a fight with a random stranger, fight club style, just to try this move out!

I'm just kidding guys. Nothing but bunnies and rainbows guys...bunnies and rainbows.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Having trouble picturing the inverted knot. Do you have a video I can reference?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast