Array

School
    10th Planet Bethleham

Should I Drill it ?

Im a small guy at 135 and only 5'7 the bigger guys in my Gi gym tend to have the advantage but lately ive been really fascinated with Spiral guard and X-Guard should I pull gears and start to drill a bunch of those techniques ? Im hoping that with a sick Spiral Guard and X-Guard game ill be able to give the bigger guys a run for there money

Array

School
    10WO
    Yeah, definitely put some reps into it. At the very least about 15 minutes once every two weeks. *coughwarmupsHcoughcough*

Even if you don't ever get to where it is your go-to, A-game level stuff, at least you will know what people are looking for when they play that same style of game against you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethleham
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    Yeah, definitely put some reps into it. At the very least about 15 minutes once every two weeks. *coughwarmupsHcoughcough*

Even if you don't ever get to where it is your go-to, A-game level stuff, at least you will know what people are looking for when they play that same style of game against you.
    Thanks brother

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Akil Hylton View Post
    Im a small guy at 135 and only 5'7 the bigger guys in my Gi gym tend to have the advantage but lately ive been really fascinated with Spiral guard and X-Guard should I pull gears and start to drill a bunch of those techniques ? Im hoping that with a sick Spiral Guard and X-Guard game ill be able to give the bigger guys a run for there money
    Perfect guard for little guys
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I absolutely love spiral guard. Now, I am terrible at it, but I like it alot. Yes it i to sure a recommended game for the little guy . Rep it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Good idea. Don't forget about butterfly and DLR. Anything to prevent those guys from passing your guard is awesome. I'm working a lot on the DLR and Spiral right now myself. Really diggin the hook sweep and the kiss of the dragon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I like to spiral under the big guys and play some X-guard and I'm right around your size.