Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

10 Commandments of Self Defense

Here's a good Reality Based Self Defense video!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I first met Professor David James in 1999 when his Vee Arnis Jitsu school was housed in the same building as Marcos Santos' NYC Machado Academy. Sometime after 911, David James bought the building and Marcos Santos' BJJ program was held on David James' mat space. Professor David James was always gracious and kind to Marcos and his students. He's a really great guy.

His current academy is near King's Plaza in Brooklyn, NY and offers a beginner BJJ class on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6:30pm. The Tuesday class is taught by my friend, Sensei Alex -a black belt in both Judo and Vee Arnis Jitsu. The class is very open to a variety of techniques and most Tuesday nights you'll find me there watching an Eddie Bravo clip on my iPad, trying to figure out how to do it. Not sure what the drop in fee is, but new students are always welcome.

Array

School
    Team Shark
    vee arnis jiujitsu is so legit I will one day train there in new york with them

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    When I started karate when I was like 12 a lot of it was self defense, and I loved it to fucking death. People like to think the self defense moves are useless but when you have somebody actually grab you in a way that you trained for and you pull off the technique and end up breaking somebodies nose, you feel like a real badass haha.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I met a few Vee Arnis guys good stuff one of my old sensei's rents mat space from a Vee Arnis school over by Nostrand ave in Brooklyn been meaning to get over there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Carey View Post
    vee arnis jiujitsu is so legit I will one day train there in new york with them
    Yes, Professor David James is awesome. I hope to train with him at some point. Here's a few other "reality based " instructors I would like to train with Walt Lysaks Jr. , Moni Aizik, Richard Dimiitri, Tony Blauer.