Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    THANK YOU JASON. I had tears in my eyes reading all these posts. It wasn't my intention for you guys to feel compelled to write these words. I didn't even think twice about writing my words at all in fact, I was so pumped to tell my story as I am extremely proud of what I have achieved through the 10P system. But above all that, the friends I have made has been a privilege to know and to share the mat with every one of you has been awesome.

Im humbled by all your words and thank you once again. You've made an a 10P soldier very happy.
    We'll coach, In the Immortal words of Joey Cocoa Diaz
    "...That's what 10th Planet does for a motherfucker!"
    10P4L

Array

School
    HQ
    I was watching a BJ Penn fight and Rogan was like "MISSION CONTROL, MISSION CONTROL". I was like "BJ Penn is cool, I want to be cool like BJ Penn, I guess I'll look into this Mission Control".

The End

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Eddie Bravo Score Cards! #ufc

I used to think he was an old man that scored fights, lool. I had to do some research and found out who he was in like 2005-2006. I been a fan ever since.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Loving the stories guys, read every one. I love you dudes, our family fucking rules
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    I got introduced to Jiu Jitsu in 2000 when I was a freshman in high school by a family friend. He liked all jitz but really pushed nogi, all he ever talked about was Jean Jacques and how he crushed dudes in ADCC all with a disabled hand so I became a JJ fan right off the bat. I rolled off and on till I got outta high school than met Nasty Nate who I introduced to Jiu Jitsu and MMA and he was hooked right away. I couldn't tell you the countless hours we spent rolling on carpets in my living room. All we did was smoke the magical plant and roll. Than one day he brought a high times mag with Eddie and we looked it up right away online and discovered submissions 101. A couple years later I found Sean Beezy on MySpace hit him up for a seminar since he lived not to far from me and fortunately he was just opening the riverside moon so i went there with my other good training partner at the time Chauncey and have been following Sean and Jeremy ever since. It was destiny for me being such a JJ fan and getting into 10 P and not even knowing Eddie was under him. Eddie is always talking about synchronisities and for me that's all that happens in this family it's awesome!!!

I remember first seeing Eddie from the Eddie Bravo Scorecard. I didn't know what qualified him to score fights, but I thought he had a pretty cool name. I learned about the system on the podcast. It was awesome to see someone who's a legend at jiu jitsu, smokes pot and talks about the Anunnaki. I guess all that shit hooked me.

I saw the first few ufc's.
    was intrigued by bjj, but did nothing about it.

then i started watching the modern ufc .
    became a bit more aware of bjj through joe rogans commentary.
    still never thought of doing it myself.

Then I started listening to the JRE, and on an old podcast I heard Joe and Eddie talking about jiu jitsu, talking about sparring 100% and not getting hurt/ go to your local school even if its not tenth planet.... etc etc..... and it inspired me to start.

I got Eddies books and dvds, I got Marcelo's after hearing Eddie talking about him.

I sought out my local school. Where -annoyingly, I often hear people bashing 10th Planet and Eddie......and the lock down. lol. they fucking hate the lockdown!

Im so glad, despite training in the gi, I was introduced to bjj through Eddie/10th planet - by having the use of gi brought into question. It really shaped my thinking. it also makes learning stuff like spider guard seem like a waste of time.

Array

School
    Ronin - Joplin, MO
    When I started training MMA (2006) my coach at the time told me I looked like Eddie Bravo. Of course I looked him up (vague resemblance at most), discovered the system, and have been hooked ever since. I coach/train MMA & JJ with a lot of guys here, but as far as I know, I'm the only 10P guy in town. I really need to get to a Moon one of these days.

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    I started training some mma at a hole in the wall gym. During training one night, I told the head guy that I was kinda getting into jiu jitsu and I'd like to learn more about it. He doesnt know much more than cops compliance locks so he told me to get up with another one of the guys that go there. In steps Trey Rushing. In the first week, this dude blew my mind talking about jiu jitsu and lineage and all the possible ways to just destroy people via submissions or even just taking someones will by being a monster at passing guards and getting solid positions. It took a little while for me to really get what he was talking about and right around that time he started showing me some 10th Planet stuff and I was just fucking wide eyed like a fat kid at a twinkie factory. Ever since then, I've been going to Belchers and learning gi and getting my no gi from him and Sean at Gulfshores. Been diggin it ever since.

TL;DR: Got hooked from someone I just met at an old gym.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I started training jiu jitsu in the gi at a Carlson Gracie school in Nov. 2011. I had bad experiences there from guys being too rough resulting in broken ribs for me, guys getting hard while rolling with me or always asking me out and a coach who didn't support me in tournaments. I met Joey Z from 10th planet Chicago who told me about his school but I didn't check it out until after I met Josh, John and some of the other guys from the team at a tournament in late April 2012. I was coming off of the broken rib injury so I asked my coach if it was okay if I trained no gi at the 10th planet since I wanted to compete in a month. He said it was fine.

Fast forward to that tournament. My coach did not show up to corner me so Joey Z did. When my coach finally did come (halfway into my second gi match, having missed 5 of my matches), he got pissed that Joe was in my corner. That Monday in class, my old coach gave a long speech about traitors and called me out for training with another team, even though he said it was fine initially. I was given an ultimatum, choose them or 10th planet. We know which way I went and I couldn't be happier!

I see him still at tournaments and my old teammates used to talk to me and cheer me on but he gets so angry at them that with time, I see and hear from them less and less. He really hates 10th planet and we have no idea why! Oh ya, it could be the 23 medals I've brought 10th Planet Chicago in less than 2 years that he can't take credit for

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast