Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Is it an advantage for Royler? Yes. Is Eddie Cool with it/prepared for it? Yes.

Will Eddie Twisting up Royler (despite Royler having an advantage) make the victory even sweeter? HELL YEAH!

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    That's the worst...reasoning...ever! Royler has been training in the gi since childhood. You know how he deals with it? By grabbing the gi! That's the whole point of the the gi, lol. On the same point, don't forget that Eddie received his Black belt from Jean Jaques Machado in the gi. He should also know how to deal with it.

I don't know about your gym, if you even train at a gym Mr. Ronin with 10P Rochester roots, but at my gym and any other gym I've ever been to if you show up to a nogi class wearing gi pants, you should expect for them to get grabbed. If you don't want them to get grabbed, show up in the proper attire like everyone else!

Your completely neglecting the fact that this is a no-gi match an in no other tournament on earth are you allowed to grab pants (whether its gi pants, shorts, spats etc). The deal that was made was that eddie could wear gi pants! Not that eddie could wear gi pants AND Royler could break traditional no-gi rules an grab those pants. Anyone who competes an does gi an no-gi understands what a massive advantage Royler now has. In a no- gi match...you wear what you want an theres no grabbing. Thats no-gi rules, thats how they have always been...period. No one is saying Royler can't wear gi pants too? This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    In a no- gi match...you wear what you want an theres no grabbing. Thats no-gi rules, thats how they have always been...period.
    I have never been to or heard of a tournament that allows competitors to wear gi pants for nogi. Most won't even let you wear spats or t-shirts. It's board shorts and a rashgaurd or DQ.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I have never been to or heard of a tournament that allows competitors to wear gi pants for nogi. Most won't even let you wear spats or t-shirts. It's board shorts and a rashgaurd or DQ.
    Naga, grapplers quest, goodfight, agl/pgl, us grappling...those are just a few off the top of my head. Moot point anyway...the issue is grabbing pants not wearing them. Royler can wear gi pants too if he chooses to.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Naga, grapplers quest, goodfight, agl/pgl, us grappling...those are just a few off the top of my head. Moot point anyway...the issue is grabbing pants not wearing them. Royler can wear gi pants too if he chooses to.
    For it to be a true rematch, they should have to fight using ADCC's rule set, including acceptable uniform.

I hear Eddie is gonna wear this>

nadaamsrestlers.jpg

Is it true that Bravo was the one who requested wearing gi pants in the first place? And then asked to changed to tights?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    That's the worst...reasoning...ever! Royler has been training in the gi since childhood. You know how he deals with it? By grabbing the gi! That's the whole point of the the gi, lol. On the same point, don't forget that Eddie received his Black belt from Jean Jaques Machado in the gi. He should also know how to deal with it.

I don't know about your gym, if you even train at a gym Mr. Ronin with 10P Rochester roots, but at my gym and any other gym I've ever been to if you show up to a nogi class wearing gi pants, you should expect for them to get grabbed. If you don't want them to get grabbed, show up in the proper attire like everyone else!
    Dude shut the hell up. How old are you? You shouldn't even be involved in adult conversations. You dont know about my gym? Genius you just said my gym. 10th planet Rochester. No gi. And we don't grab clothes. I don't know about your gym mr vague tbjj, but where I'm from we don't grab pants. He'll last time I rolled I was in a gi school and my partners all had gi pants and no one was grabbing gi pants. Just stop b. idc if tbjj has ties to the Gracie's. It's a douche move. Did Eddie make a bad decision? Yeah. It wasn't the brightest idea to change his mind after agreeing to it. But lawyering up is OD. End of story.

Don't ever take a sly jab at my old school or rank cuz you got a blue belt for showing up enough to get your stripes.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Really for it to be a true rematch they should both be wearing what they were wearing the first time they fought.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Don't ever take a sly jab at my old school or rank cuz you got a blue belt for showing up enough to get your stripes.
    lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast