Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    This is also the guy to promote Rady Couture to black belt in..catch I believe it was. Or whatever style he's promoting under.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    He has no legit rank. Even Karo said he rank under him was bullshit. As pointed out by Eddie, doesn't matter what a guy comes up with if he doesn't roll, you can't trust the source of information.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    All Guards for MMA need to address posture:

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post

Amen brother!

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    So basically “K-control” is you freezing in a old school “scissor sweep” position? A move so vernable to leg locks and easy passes that it pretty much isn’t good when done super fast. But he’s going to stay there? His right leg gets leg locked #1 or double under passed immediately, if your late, his left leg gets leg locked. If he starts rolling before you moved, he gets bysept crushed in side control. If he makes it up to his knees he gets crusifixed. If you just sat there that whole time… it looks like that’s ok if he does like in the video and doesn’t trade hooks properly because you can flip the truck on him….

That’s all stuff I just saw. Maybe it’s the way he showed it, who know Sorry if that was mean.

This reminds me of a popular gi move/sweep which name escapes me right now. The name is really cool if I remember correctly, but it doesn’t work no gi (the sweep I’m thinking of).
    I saw all the same shit you did debes. Think we have similiar games. You can add sock lock to that list as well. Wi nder if Neils toe is still framed in glass in the extreme couture gym bathroom...lol.

whatever dudes, k control has been working well for me when i have issues breaking opponent's posture.

that said, your knee and leg pressure to keep them off balance is important and i can't just sit in that position and let opponents start grabbing at me, you got to move (not unlike most positions)

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_toffolo View Post
    whatever dudes, k control has been working well for me when i have issues breaking opponent's posture.

that said, your knee and leg pressure to keep them off balance is important and i can't just sit in that position and let opponents start grabbing at me, you got to move (not unlike most positions)
    If you're not fighting MMA don't sweat it, "K-Control" or Scissor guard isn't something you should be stagnant in, it should be a way point on the way to a technique, never hang out there.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    Lol I didn't think of that.

I did hit a flower sweep from this position. Worked beautifully.
    Only way I'm hitting flower from there is controlling posture with a hand behind the neck. K control lets a guy sit way up and I don't think I'd able to reach the neck if I started in K.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Personally, I want to like it. K control, not this particular move. I'm not sold though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post

i personally just love when zog says "make babies to the (anything)" easily my favorite phrase.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast