Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ

Question

Random question but how come Kimuras aren't more popular and hit more often?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i personally find that they use a lot fo strength and the defense is quite easy to learn not mention practised a lot in most gyms. i think its kind of the same thing as RNC in the ufc. no one wants to be choked out like that so they all religiously train the defenses.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Its also a great setup for a lot of other moves, you could do a whole instructional DVD on moves that start with the Kimura and finish with something else.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew "Chewie" James View Post
    Its also a great setup for a lot of other moves, you could do a whole instructional DVD on moves that start with the Kimura and finish with something else.
    That's how I usually use the kimura. I use it to set up other submissions, sweep, or improve my position. I really just use it as a potential threat and my opponent is forced to react but every once in a while ill actually be able to take the kimura all the way to the end.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    There are entire systems built around the kimura grip. The reverse spiderweb is a modified kimura.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    I thought this question was weird at first because the kimura grip is so versatile and can be hit from so many positions but, considering that, it seems there are relatively few kimura submissions. I guess it's because it's often used to sweep or improve position like others have said. I might try searching for it from different positions one night and see what happens.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    That's how I usually use the kimura. I use it to set up other submissions, sweep, or improve my position. I really just use it as a potential threat and my opponent is forced to react but every once in a while ill actually be able to take the kimura all the way to the end.
    I have been using it a lot lately with these same purposes. I rarely finish a proper kimura but have a lot of success with sweeping and improving position.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    If 10th planet picks up reverse spiderweb from Orchard, I bet we'll see more kimuras. It's a strong position that doesn't require as much muscling as a traditional kimura.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The kimura is very versitle. I use it for positional stuff. Back takes, sweeps, etc.

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    I thought this question was weird at first because the kimura grip is so versatile and can be hit from so many positions but, considering that, it seems there are relatively few kimura submissions. I guess it's because it's often used to sweep or improve position like others have said. I might try searching for it from different positions one night and see what happens.
    The question came from watching recent competitions and it just seems not a whole lot of kimuras are being hit and I found it weird that something so effective isn't really more prevalent at ending matches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast