10th Planet HQ
    Show him the Orchard, Red Destroyer or Geo highlight reel
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    bring him to me and i will heel hook him!
    Eh, that probably wouldn't happen. lol

After talking to Marc, I kind of agree with the criticism he was given. I don't think you should go to reverse spider web while your foot is still trapped in half (top). That's why it was hard for him to swing the leg over and if you do it keeps your hips open way too wide. Plus the farside armbar (off the kimura) is easily the instructor's best dead zone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    drill it to perfection and start tapping his students with it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Your instructor only had good intentions and is trying to help you be the best grappler you can be...

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i get this too, its one of the problems with being a ronin, i had to put up with a 15 minute speech of how 10th planet moves like rubber guard, puts the body in positions that the body shouldnt move in and if your body doesnt anturally move in that way then you shouldnt do it. and then how hes talked about it to high level black belts and said that while the moves work on lower levels, it just doesnt work on higher levels at all...

its the most frustrating thing for me.

in this case, like bobby said, it was probably just good natured ignorance. there are soo many moves in jiu jitsu its impossible that everyone will know about everything.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    i get this too, its one of the problems with being a ronin, i had to put up with a 15 minute speech of how 10th planet moves like rubber guard, puts the body in positions that the body shouldnt move in and if your body doesnt anturally move in that way then you shouldnt do it. and then how hes talked about it to high level black belts and said that while the moves work on lower levels, it just doesnt work on higher levels at all...

its the most frustrating thing for me.

in this case, like bobby said, it was probably just good natured ignorance. there are soo many moves in jiu jitsu its impossible that everyone will know about everything.
    If jiu jitsu only consisted of natural body movements, it wouldn't take so long to get a black belt. With that being said, your instructor was probably correct about the position. Always ask questions and prove to yourself the validity of techniques.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ (SousaBJJ.com)
    Theres a reason why youre paying for his instruction. Maybe you should listen to him. He sees things maybe you dont at this stage of your game

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by marc luu View Post
    tonight, i was going for the reverse spider web (i know it's not an official 10p technique) but had trouble getting my leg over my opponents head, he kept blocking it with his right arm.

after class, i asked my instructor some ways to get around that arm, and he showed me some options, then i went into reverse spider web, and he said "that's not a good finishing position, if you can't get the kimura, go for the arm bar."

now, my instructor is a super cool laid back guy and is 10p friendly, but if he sees me going for it again and tells me again that it's not a good position, what do you do? i don't want to be disrespectful, but at the same time i want to keep working on this dead zone.
    I'm thinking listen to him, but also drill it. if you put in reps, and he see's you hitting it in succession he'll probably be cool with it. Plus you said he's a cool open minded dude. Tell him to watch orchards breakdown of it, (or any of his highlights) and ask him what nate is doing right that you're doing wrong. I'm sure he'd be down to help your shit.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Nogo from half. Pass first.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Email him the thread with all the Reverse Spider Web videos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast