Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making it work in the ATL...

Hi there everyone, my name is Max Reed. I am an actor that has just recently moved to Atlanta to continue my career here. I am from the Alabama Gulf Coast, and when I'm there I train with Sean Applegate at 10thpjj Gulf Shores. 10th Planet is something I have fallen in love with over the past few years, in fact, Sean and I produce a show called "On the Path" that focuses on his gym (Sean just posted the first episode on here a few days back). Well, I of course, never want stop training, but I have come to find out that there is no 10th planet in ATL! So, rather then give it up or switch to a Gi school, I have this crazy plan to get as many of my friends and family here interested, and then start having a hotbox class of sorts three or four days a week. I'm just a white belt, so it's going to be less about me as an instructor and more about all of us using the Mastering the System episodes and live rolling to explore, progress, and have fun. I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I am going to be spreading some 10pjj love here in the ATL. Also, any advise/ links to cheap rolling mats is greatly appreciated!

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    There's a guy named Griffin Lambert in the area you could train with. If I moved to Atlanta, the first place I would try would be Alliance. Get a chance to train with Lucas Lepri and Ian McPherson, two high level black belts that compete regularly.

Thanks brother!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Atta boy, max!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Lots of good Jiu Jitsu in Atlanta. Griffin is a good guy to run with if you are only interested in 10P.

Striker with Juan Guevera, also. Paul Creighton. Roberto Traven. Plenty of solid schools.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    One of our guys has a purple under Lucas Lepri. Seems very worth while to try that place out!!

Thanks so much guys! This is all super helpful. I just sent Griffin a message. I also just left a message on Chase Kendrick's phone.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    chase kendrick is the one. if you can get him to meet with you and griffin, you won't regret it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Applegate View Post
    chase kendrick is the one. if you can get him to meet with you and griffin, you won't regret it!
    Like Neo?

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Chase moved to Atlanta? The answer appears obvious but question nonetheless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast