Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha

The warm ups changed my game forever

I don't get to roll a lot working two jobs to support the family, but when I get to learning one of the warm up sets changes the game for me. Like last night we polished warm ups D, after learning the M3 Derek showed me a nice variation of the M3 to d'arce. Now I use the M1 and M3 every time I roll. I just have to say it's an awesome integration into my game. Thanks Eddie!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Dude, I've been watching the warm-ups jealously. That's sweet stuff.

Do y'all do typical warm up stuff like running, "side to sides", shrimping, bear walk, etc.? It seems practically universal. But I'd rather be drilling technique (perhaps this is an admission of guilt from a white belt noob, but there it is).

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    At HQ, the advanced class only does a lap of shrimping and a lap of either cartwheels or handstands before starting the warm up drills.

The Fundamentals class does more a traditional warm up because we constantly have new people coming in, some of whom do not know even the basics of physical fitness. So the stretching component of our warm ups is educational as well as practical.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Dude, I've been watching the warm-ups jealously. That's sweet stuff.

Do y'all do typical warm up stuff like running, "side to sides", shrimping, bear walk, etc.? It seems practically universal. But I'd rather be drilling technique (perhaps this is an admission of guilt from a white belt noob, but there it is).
    Work on them in your off time! They're a game changer for sure!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by bj searle View Post
    Work on them in your off time! They're a game changer for sure!
    Thanks Scott and bj.

Need a partner. What I have instead is decades and a great deal of patience. It'll do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    The warm-ups have definitely added multiple dimensions to my approach. I seem to find myself in positions where theses techniques can be utilized often.

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin Murphy View Post
    The warm-ups have definitely added multiple dimensions to my approach. I seem to find myself in positions where theses techniques can be utilized often.
    Yeah, I've gone to KOB more in the past month or so than I ever had before. Also been making more of a conscious decision to look for homie control and butterfly sweeps, too.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    The warm ups are huge. At hq we kill each set in less than 15 minutes then it's off to the lesson of the day. It used to be that only 2 or 3 people could do a perfect fly over or rolling kimura, now most everyone at hq hits them with perfection
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Yeah. Little by little I'm noticing the warm ups coming into affect during live rolling.

They are massively helpful

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    The infection is intense. Melbourne is certainly down with the sickness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The warm ups are huge. At hq we kill each set in less than 15 minutes then it's off to the lesson of the day. It used to be that only 2 or 3 people could do a perfect fly over or rolling kimura, now most everyone at hq hits them with perfection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast