Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    This will be my next long gun:

and this will be my next hand gun:

Lots of modern revolver designs are going with the bottom cylinder as the firing chamber, with barrel on bottom. I'm really diggin that design. Sooo sexy. I have yet to shoot one. Anyone revolver guys wanna give their thoughts on this design vs traditional?

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Lots of modern revolver designs are going with the bottom cylinder as the firing chamber, with barrel on bottom. I'm really diggin that design. Sooo sexy. I have yet to shoot one. Anyone revolver guys wanna give their thoughts on this design vs traditional?
    The problem I have with it is that it is that in order to fire from the 6:00 cylinder, they rigged up a whole clockwork of complicated linkages and stuff inside. The hammer is not a real hammer. It engages some of the clockwork and sets an actual hammer inside of the gun. So operation wise, it's arguably more complicated than a pistol.

It's also pretty heavy and it costs 2-3x as much as a comparable revolver.

As revolvers are usually preferred for their simplicity, reliability, price, and carry-ability, this kinda places the Chiappa Rhino in an awkward novelty position.

Doesn't stop me from craving a 2" model in black with the natural wood grips, though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Any thoughts on how they shoot and manage recoil with that low barrel?

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ

My AR is almost finished

My EDC

My AK pistol

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    The barrel on that being as low as it is would def help mitigate recoil I would think. Or more specifically, the muzzle flip would be a lot less. The rest you let your elbows soak up and pew pew pew

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    From the reviews I've read and videos I've seen, the lower bore axis supposedly makes a significant difference in felt recoil, particularly muzzle flip. They're also fairly massive for their size, so that would also contribute to recoil mitigation. Unfortunately I've been unable to test one out because they're not on the CA DOJ Approved Handgun Roster, and I don't have the cash to get one via Single Shot Exemption.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I have a gen 3 glock 23 with night sights, gen 4 glock 27 with night sights, Kahr cm9, Winchester defender 12 gauge with a pistol grip/butt stock to make it more tactical, a Colt M4 .22 with eotech, and 1 point sling, and a Stag 2T AR15, with eotech, flashlight, 1 point sling, and double stack mags.

I've been training at Advanced Firearm Training for 2 years now using their video simulators for self defense training. It really helps a lot. It's amazing how people who carry concealed really have no idea what to do when it comes down to it. I suggest it for everyone who owns guns.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chi-Raq - 10PSOG
    My Zombie Slayer!
    Panda travels the 10th Planet and flows free.....10th Planet Special Operations Group for life!
    The Shadiest Mother Fucker of them all....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast