Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

Cutting water weight day of weight ins!

What is a average amout of wate rweight you can cut the day of wieght ins? weigh ins are the day before the tourney so i am just wondering how close i have to be in lbs for a average water wieght cut? hitting the treadmill and sauna what a reasonable amout of water lbs that u can lose?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    hmm... I followed this link right here on several diff occasions and each time it worked perfectly. I didn't feel tired or drained either.

http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    If you haven't been cutting any durning the week and you just start that day, 10lbs should not be a problem. However, if you've been cutting a little at a time all week, and you wanna know what you can still cut on weigh in day, it will be less. There's a point your body gets to where it will just stop sweating. If you have longjohns/plastics/sweatsuit and access to a sauna and treadmill, then you're good to go.

But with that said, everyone's body is different, the most I cut in a week for a fight was 20lbs from Monday to Friday and it nearly killed me, but my buddy, who's wrestled forever and who's body is used to that abuse cut 33lbs the same week.

Hope that helps.

One of the main things is cutting out ALL sodium when you're trying to cut, otherwise you'll hold a lot more water. Eat light that week, cut out all your sodium, and def don't drink any gatorades or any of that, as it is designed to rehydrate you.

Of late i've been doing the flooding method and its worked well, where you basically drink as much water early in the week (like 2-3 gallons a day) then about Thursday night you just stop drinking alltogether and your body just purges all that water out.

There's LITERALLY 100 different methods.

Hope that helps some.

Array

School
    Team Shark
    if anything you're supposed to load up on sodium, because like you said it holds onto water. when the excess sodium is cut from the diet (1 day before weigh ins), you lose more weight.

when you drink 2 gallons of water the days leading up to it, the hormone that makes you pee a lot is increased. the hormone levels are still high when you drink a gallon of water the day before the weigh ins. Using this method alone you can drop 5-8 pounds from doing nothing. Combine that with laxatives if necessary, a sauna, and the result is like 20 pounds.

Source: 270 pound powerlifter who helped me cut 12 pounds without any performance decrease. Did I mention he was able to cut 27 pounds of water weight, and still deadlift 700?

Array

School
    Team Shark
    http://www.mmajacked.com/blogs/blogp...f-d1b3002fe4f1

Make Water and SodiumYour Friend

After reading the above headline, there's probably a little Gary Coleman voicein your head saying "whatchu talkin’ ‘bout Dr Clay?” Well, Arnold, let me explain.

There's a *** of a hormone that causes us to retainwater and sodium - it's called aldosterone. The primary job of aldosterone is to regulate sodium and water balance, even if our intake of the two is a bit sporadic.

When you're consistently consuming lots of water and sodium, aldosterone levels will decrease. This causes your body (specifically your kidneys) to freely let go off or excrete water and sodium, thus preventing excessive accumulation of the two.

On the other hand, when you fail to drink enough water or eat enough sodium, aldosterone levels will rise. This, in turn, signals your kidneys to retain more water and sodium as opposed to excreting it in the urine.

The point is, if you're trying to drop weight to make a lighter weight class, you want aldosterone levels to be as low as possible. Otherwise you'll be retaining water like a PMS’ing woman!

Luckily for you, there is an easy and natural way to lower aldosterone... consume lots of water and sodium.

Since it takes aldosterone about 72 hours to fully adjust to changes in water and sodium, begin consuming extra water and sodium at least 4 full days prior to weighing in. In my experience, longer is better.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    thanks for all the advice and all...i have took notes and saved some websites..

I heard this straight from a UFC contender about 4 yrs. ago. SODIUM LOAD AND UNLOAD. 7 days out, salt the hell out of everything, eat boullion cubes, etc.. Increase water from 1 gal. to 1.5 gal.<> 3 days out, NO MORE SALT(boiled chicken and veg, etc..), half a gal of DISTILLED water(for 2 days). Of course, last day no food, no water. I know nothing of it, but have a very good memory