Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of sunny days and blue skies for one of our brothers
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I can't imagine how rough it is for him
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Sounds like he did the right thing. If he had been a cop, he could have shot the guy through the windshield before the man even got out of the car and nobody would do anything about it. But when a citizen (even one as well trained as Strebendt) defends his life, they throw the book at him.

Completely different set of rules for the serfs and the agents of The State.

I hope all turns out well for him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Sounds like self defense to me

Array

School
    In my mind
    I'm sorry guys, I knew it didn't sound right when I typed it. Prior shooter was meaning sniper qualified. I've never met the man, but I'm confident in his reaction during the event. He survived training and operations before, so I believe he was level headed enough to react when he believed his life to be in danger. What I originally intended to say is I'm behind Gerald all the way.

I am hoping for nothing but the best for Gerald, but I have a question: knowing the other guy was unarmed, do you think Gerald's well documented MMA experience can hurt him in this situation? i.e: he could defend himself without lethal force? It's impossible to say without knowing the entire circumstances, but I think it could be a valid question the court/jury could bring up. What do you guys think?

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Quote Originally Posted by chris sanchez View Post
    I am hoping for nothing but the best for Gerald, but I have a question: knowing the other guy was unarmed, do you think Gerald's well documented MMA experience can hurt him in this situation? i.e: he could defend himself without lethal force? It's impossible to say without knowing the entire circumstances, but I think it could be a valid question the court/jury could bring up. What do you guys think?
    I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding of justifiable homicide is that you have to pass the test of "Would a reasonable person in your place have feared for his life?" I'm sure a professional MMA fighter is held to a different standard when determining whether or not he feared for his life, so I think his experience could hurt him.

Hoping for the best.

Array

School
    In my mind
    All I know is that I was broken by attorney questions during court once. It was a home invasion and I shot an unarmed man. My martial arts, military records, and concealed carry permit were all twisted and used against me. I was painted as Rambo sitting in a fortresses of weapons. It won't be easy for him, but there's always hope. He surely has the determination to come out the other side of this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    I'm sorry guys, I knew it didn't sound right when I typed it. Prior shooter was meaning sniper qualified. I've never met the man, but I'm confident in his reaction during the event. He survived training and operations before, so I believe he was level headed enough to react when he believed his life to be in danger. What I originally intended to say is I'm behind Gerald all the way.
    See I didn't think it sounded right coming from you haha. I'm not down with the lingo I guess but yeah def sniper qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    All I know is that I was broken by attorney questions during court once. It was a home invasion and I shot an unarmed man. My martial arts, military records, and concealed carry permit were all twisted and used against me. I was painted as Rambo sitting in a fortresses of weapons. It won't be easy for him, but there's always hope. He surely has the determination to come out the other side of this.
    Wow that's nuts.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ (SousaBJJ.com)
    It is what a reasonable person would have done in your position with your training and experience. Not just the average person. What a 90 yr old woman would do of course could be a lot different than a state champ high school wrestler. It's determined based on size of attacker, skill level, age, weight, prior knowledge and then takes into account the victims age, weight, height, skill level and previous training experience

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast