Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Whose Shelby? Shelby Connelly ?
    I'm assuming Spencer means Gerald's girlfriend, Kristen. Shellby is someone who used to train at NTC so it doesn't make sense to pray for her, unless needs praying...?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    It's harder to get off with prior service. It actually tacks on more accountability in front of a jury. If you've been trained to be a lethal weapon, you're not untrained in the transition back to civilian life. I think it's gonna be a hard time trying to beat this.

*In my opinion*

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ
    Lol I meant Kristen. No idea why I said the wrong person.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarett Smith View Post
    I don't know enough information about the case, but what I read mentioned that the other party claimed to have a weapon and threatened his life. I pictured the scenario going down with the other individual saying something like "I've got a gun and I'm gonna kill you!" while reaching into a pocket or waistband. If that was the case, the shoot was justified, IMO (for whatever that's worth). I REALLY hope it wasn't just a verbal threat. If so, Gerald is most likely screwed. You can't shoot a guy for merely saying he's going to kill you if, as you mentioned, there was no physical threat.

I think we really need more info on how the shooting went down to make a better judgement.
    We def need more info but based on what we have it's not good. Your scenario doesn't justify it still. For One, Gerald wasn't carrying concealed so it wasn't a split second decision where Gerald drew and fired quickly while the guy was going into his pocket as you thought he might have (which is I know is just your assumption, theres been no reports on this) Gerald at some point had to go into his truck and get the rifle out, (which takes time, and proves he had other options, and he wasn't in "imminent danger") Or he took it out right away. (which isn't really a protocol for most people during a traffic accident.)
    Either way it wasn't a good choice. Also even if the guy did go into his pocket you still can't shoot. And the reason why is because of this case exactly. Accidentally shooting an unarmed man when you don't know for sure. You have to see the weapon, plain and simple. No one said its an easy situation or not a split second decision but you have to be sure or this is exactly what happens. You end up with charges.

A lot of people claiming it was self defense are arguing he was being rammed while driving by the man. There have been no reports of this, but even if it was true he then would've had the right to shoot while driving to stop the threat from the vehicle But as soon as they both pulled over on their own, and got out of the cars that threat was over, and you can't shoot for something that happened in the past.

When I do the defensive shooting video simulators my instructor always emphasizes you have to see the weapon. He can change the scenario to it being a gun one time to a knife another time to a wallet or cell phone the next. You have to be sure. Proper training for everyone would be beneficial.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Brown View Post
    Murder is killing someone knowingly. The 911 call is public record.

Gerald has been great to all of us at the gym and we pray for him. Our moon is still thriving and I love every day I have in the gym. Keep praying for Gerald and Shelby.
    mur·der [mur-der]
    noun
    Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law.

He'll probably end up with 1st degree manslaughter in my opinion which is 10 years. He's young enough to get out again someday and have a life and that is something to look forward to.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Hey James, it sounds like you are pretty knowledgeable. Do you have a background in law?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Lets just get something straight, Northwest Training Center was in storage when I asked Eddie for affiliation. Gerald is no longer the owner according to Chase Boehringer. We opened and then NTC came back out of storage and moved in less than 2 miles away from us. We opened quickly because we were already in the process of opening outside of Geralds 10 mile radius. We were offering 30% off for anyone who trained at NTC and lost their place to train when it went into storage with no idea of when they were opening again. I personally extended an offer to Nathan to come train for whatever he could afford after being told he didnt know how often he was going to be able to train and he was losing interest in jiu jitsu in general, then told me he wouldnt pay to train anywhere.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Has NTC not been sold? It has according to Chase. You can try to say what you like but come on Wallner. You begged to train with us for free and got butthurt when you were told "no". You can try all you want to say you stuck by your family but only did so because you got what you wanted. I was fine getting along because that's what Eddie asked of us. Looks like you're not willing to do the same. That's unfortunate.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    The extra details re: the incident are comforting to hear, thanks Nathan Wallner.

Im just glad the Northwest is so strong with 10th Planet theses days. Hope it all works out well for everyone involved.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Damn wallner. i lost all respect for you with that post. I see no problem with what they did opening there moon. and Eddie did not see a problem with them opening either or he would have never allowed them to open up that close. You definitely owe Brent and Mike an apology for that, to me it sounded like you are trying to accuse them of being shady. Also this is a thread about Gerald not them so bringing up that other stuff makes no sense and does not need to be said there.
    That being said, i hope the best for Gerald and pray for the best
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast