Thread: Going light

Array

School
    HQ

Going light

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I got a good chuckle from it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Lol. Yeah, they coulda done the beginning better but they mimicked the flailing and going wild and hard very well. Haha.

Array

School
    blank
    ever have guy agree to go light when you ask them but only understand it to mean then should as light as possible as long as they are still winning? pisses me off.

or they're version of light is to still use strength, just not moving quickly.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    ever have guy agree to go light when you ask them but only understand it to mean then should as light as possible as long as they are still winning? pisses me off.

or they're version of light is to still use strength, just not moving quickly.
    I remember saying "I roll light" to a new guy just so they weren't too scared. And as lightly as I could, in like 10 seconds, I swept him straight to mount and I think I arm triangled him. I felt bad. I hope I never get seen as "that" guy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I usually tell really green guys I roll light (but I actually do) cause they look terrified when I ask them to roll. The look in their eyes is comical.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I find it hard to "flow" with green guys even when going "light". I try to never get into a backyard wrestling match while rolling. If I pair up with guys who do, usually I get "grippy" with them and try to hug them until they calm down or get tired. MOST of my injuries have been a result of guys having no control over their momentum because they are beast mode back yard wrestling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Yeah. Most people misunderstand what light means I guess. One of my favorite things in the world to do is flow and enjoy the roll and feel the transitions. Kinda sucks

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    I don't believe that any new guys know exactly what "light" is, resting and spastic are their only two movements. I think the true d-bag is the guy that goes heavy on other-higher belts/senior students, when he constantly asks to roll lightly.

they always manage to get "a bunch of subs" that round.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."