Array

School
    Gracie University

Point fighting. (rant followed by a question)

I almost wish MMA were more like comedy or show business...those people feel empty inside unless someone is cheering for them.
    It's like an addiction.
    Sadly most fighters these days are addicted to W's, and a lot of the top guys fight on points.

5 out of the last 6 lightweight title fights were decisions.

6 out of the last 7 welterweight bouts were decisions.

Anderson Silva.....needs to find someone whom has business being in the ring with him, because he keeps wrecking people.
    Same with Jones.

The heavyweight title is a joke, because the heavyweights haven't caught on to the idea of point fighting, and keep knocking each other out.
    They pass that belt around like a cheap whore, but that's why people love the heavyweight fights the most.

I know for a fact that everyone on this forum are extremely pleased with the number of submission only tourneys that have been coming out for BJJ.

5 rounds in MMA is grueling at best, hell 3 rounds is grueling for most fighters, and normal people couldn't go 5 minutes on Mayhem's reality TV show.
    BUT, I personally would like to see championship bouts not end till someone ends it.
    If there isn't a clear cut winner(as in unanimously), then there should be either an extra round at the end for it, or perhaps there should be more rounds than 5 to begin with.

Asking for the fights not to end till someone ends it might be taking it a bit far, but hey, extend the rounds at least.
    Why not three ten minute rounds?
    It would certainly stop people from being saved by the bell.

I don't know, to me it seems like a good idea to not stop a round till a fighter either breaks free from a sub, or gets submitted.
    Kind of like a grid lock.
    If someone snaps on a choke, and the round has 10 seconds, but they are still in it by the time the round ends, it should keep going till they can break free.
    When a fighter is knocked out at the very end of a round, they don't let them recover, that's for sure.

What do you guys think?
    Assuming anyone read all of that.....you're here anyway, you must not be too busy. lol

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    5 out of the last 6 lightweight title fights were decisions.
    Frankie's never been finished. If he weren't so tough, we would've had a KO's a while ago. Bendo has never been KO'd either. It's not that they're not trying. It's just that they're tough.

6 out of the last 7 welterweight bouts were decisions.
    Again, a good deal of those guys were tough. Hardy wouldn't tap. Fitch wouldn't die. Diaz isn't exactly easy to KO. The rest is GSP/Greg Jackson's fault.

Anderson Silva.....needs to find someone whom has business being in the ring with him, because he keeps wrecking people.
    Same with Jones.
    That's like saying Jordan needed to play better teams. It's not the division's fault they're so dominant. The fighters they beat are great fighters. They just happen to be a step above them.

The heavyweight title is a joke, because the heavyweights haven't caught on to the idea of point fighting, and keep knocking each other out.
    Plenty of guys point fight in the HW's. And when they land, they land hard, so you get more KO's.

I don't like the idea of fight til someone loses. I don't want to see two exhausted guys laying on eachother trying to catch their breaths due to no time limit. Fitch and Shields fights would last forever. It is what it is. The better guys get, the harder it is to finish. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Frankie's never been finished. If he weren't so tough, we would've had a KO's a while ago. Bendo has never been KO'd either. It's not that they're not trying. It's just that they're tough.
    I think Frankie would of been choked out bye that guillotine in the last fight.

Again, a good deal of those guys were tough. Hardy wouldn't tap. Fitch wouldn't die. Diaz isn't exactly easy to KO. The rest is GSP/Greg Jackson's fault.
    Those were still some very clear cut decisions though, I was merely stating that for statistics sake.
    But a lot of people seem to think the majority of those fights were terribly unexciting.

That's like saying Jordan needed to play better teams. It's not the division's fault they're so dominant. The fighters they beat are great fighters. They just happen to be a step above them.
    That was a joke....lol
    I was listing them as exceptions.

I don't like the idea of fight til someone loses. I don't want to see two exhausted guys laying on eachother trying to catch their breaths due to no time limit. Fitch and Shields fights would last forever. It is what it is. The better guys get, the harder it is to finish. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    The problem still could be solved with a sudden victory round though.
    Wouldn't you agree that giving someone a chance to really take a fight is a lot better than a split, or a draw?
    Else we have to hear fans crying about how so and so was robbed?

The deal with with Ben and Frankie is really tough, because both fighters are clearly just as equally talented.
    The first fight was Benson, no doubt about that.
    But Frankie got his rematch, and he certainly was entitled to it after being forced to risk his belt against people he had beaten already.
    Then the second fight was a split, and it was an extremely close fight, with Henderson out landing Edgar, but not controlling the fight as much.

If that fight had one more round to decide who the clear winner was, I don't think anyone would of complained.

I agree fully though, making fighters go on with no time limit is brutal at best, and I wouldn't suggest that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I went to bed after the melvin cerrone fight because I knew Frankie and Brendo would go to a dec.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    I went to bed after the melvin cerrone fight because I knew Frankie and Brendo would go to a dec.
    It was pretty much the first fight, but without the upkick and Frankie pushed the action a bit more.

So, of course it led to more controversy.

you have to remember there are gonna be more ko's in heavyweight division simply because nearly all of them have knockout power.

fake oakley sunglasses wholesale

br br Ther

<br /><br />There are many things to take into account if you are planning to have a wedding while pregnant. For example, shopping for wedding dresses becomes trickier.These glasses usually are remarkably long lasting, well-heeled as fake oakley sunglasses wholesale well as long lasting that is most suitable for men who're generally extremely care free; in the event you fall in this specific type the very best-purchase for you is often a longer lasting in addition to fashionable appurtenant in addition to Oakley gives you this! Oakley sun glasses are usually junk and also scar proof.<br />Not only Rayban is a famous name associated with trendy sunglasses.Dark brown lens tints can improve visual contrast and clarity. This kind of lens tints used to wear under the condition of heavy air pollution and foggy days is extremely suitable.Usually look for element that could be of perfect top notch, although and it's also expense cheaply. Such a point can probably be said of special offer Dinosaur sunglasses.

<br />When it comes to frames, silver or golden plated metal frames or plastic ones of different colors are available.The wait was surely paid off well. We all have heard about bejewelled bags and other things.Here are the basic requirements to make a decent purchase. <p> ?Dank Couture loungewear for archetype is council to be the ultimate announcement of accidental appearance today. Possessing started out cheap christian louboutin outlet out as an absolute womens accouterment brand, the dank couture bikini has now angled into accent articles proper, extending their accounted signature architecture to womens shoes and handbags.There are numerous varieties of dark glasses, visors as well as caps available to keep the hot sunlight from your eyes. Based on your region and also what local climate in which you usually play golf, you might have to get a few of these.They are becoming very well known as a corporation that offers the biggest assortment of cycling jerseys to choose from. Their goods are prime quality and it has turn into very well regarded that their rates are incredibly competitive.

An elegant afternoon teaSophisticated elegance always accompanied by deeds. The oblique shoulder fitted dress exhibited soft and aesthetic, showing the Greek goddess of the romantic temperament.There are new products being made available on a daily basis, on cool stuff ranging from stylish watches to snazzy denim and authentic sunglasses from the likes of Ray Ban. Karmaloop is all about making that walk down High Street redundant, as you get your favourite goods shipped right to your doorsteps with as minimal an effort as logging to the site on-line.Polarized Sunglasses!<BR><BR>These sunglasses are specifically developed to minimize the glare.Really, it is incorrect. Previous consumers also have assorted diploma in the two eyes needing the exact accurate correction.What do you mean about a single super show wholesale costume cheap mbt shoes jewelry ahs all in one convenient location including a large number of designs of jewelry and fashion accessories that are absolutely sparkling second to none when it comes to fake ray bans sunglasses quality, accessibility and services? Nothing could be easier than conducting an online search Google entireties by your favorite Jewelry On Sale(http://www.