Thread: Pool Workouts

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam

Pool Workouts

I have started adding Pool workouts to my workout program again recently. I used to swim competitively when I was younger, so I actually don't really like to do a lot of swimming anymore especially lots of laps. But there were some drills that were good that I have started using again.

1) 50M Slow/Fast Flutter Kick(12.5M-Slow, 12.5M-Fast, 12.5M-Slow, 12.5M-Fast) to 25M Poolside Lunge Walk (4-6 sets, no rest)

2) Tiger Sprints, 25M Underwater Swim to 25M 110% Sprint (Freestyle or Fly), (4-6 sets, 20s rest) *as you get better you can swim with underwater with the weighted brick that is usually somewhere at the pool.

3) No Hands Treading Water, egg beater kick hands out of the water holding a kick-board over your head (3-5 sets, 5min/ea, 60s rest) *as you get better you can hold the weighted brick out of the water or add Intervals of sprint flutter kick instead of egg beater. The egg beater hands only treading water has really helped my guard squeeze and open guard stuff.

Is anyone else using any Pool drills?

doggy paddle mostly

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Floating and doggy paddle don't count you gotta be sweating and breathing hard.

oh im definitely sweating from opening the doritos bag on the side of the pool.