Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10th planet grading

Hi guys, jut wondering how to get graded as I love in south of the uk, nearest 10th planet academy is a 4hour drive, is it possible to train and get graded without continually going to an academy? As I would prefer not to go to the gracie barra gym closer to me? Cheers

Array

School
    Imaginary 10th Planet Sydney
    There's nothing wrong with GB; especially if the other option is not training on a regular basis.

If it was me, I would got GB and just supplement it with trips to 10th Planet when you get time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Your closest moon will be London I assume. Take a few visits up n see what you think.

Yes there is an online grading option but I would recommend visiting an actual moon n working with the moon head

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Damianinch View Post
    Hi guys, jut wondering how to get graded as I love in south of the uk, nearest 10th planet academy is a 4hour drive, is it possible to train and get graded without continually going to an academy? As I would prefer not to go to the gracie barra gym closer to me? Cheers
    quit your job, sell all your stuff, buy a goat, sell your goat. sell your house. walk on a spiritually uplifting journey to your nearest 10th planet gym, wait at the entrance on the gym through wind rain and lightning until you are ready to be accepted. remember your goat, live at the gym. dont just train jiu jitsu, be jiu jitsu. be water my friend, tap out a high profile gracie in his prime when youre unknown, let them make a shit excuse and then wait 11 years and fight it again in more dominant fashion.

thats how you get graded in 10th planet. weve all done it. its how 10 do!

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    quit your job, sell all your stuff, buy a goat, sell your goat. sell your house. walk on a spiritually uplifting journey to your nearest 10th planet gym, wait at the entrance on the gym through wind rain and lightning until you are ready to be accepted. remember your goat, live at the gym. dont just train jiu jitsu, be jiu jitsu. be water my friend, tap out a high profile gracie in his prime when youre unknown, let them make a shit excuse and then wait 11 years and fight it again in more dominant fashion.

thats how you get graded in 10th planet. weve all done it. its how 10 do!
    Word!!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Travel the 4hrs, put in your time earn your belt.
    I travel 4hrs round trip, Grubbs & The Mount crew travel 10 hrs, Jem, Nat & the Hobart crew travel by plane to train with our moon head Frank Barca.
    Make it work dude, it's up to you.
    Myself & all the people I mentioned also started their own academies to supplement their 10th Planet training.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    10P London just opened up so depends how far that is for you. I train primarily at a Gracie Affiliate, nothing wrong with that dude.

Array

School
    10WO
    Drive the 4 hours as much as possible for sure. Make the trip as long as you can, get your training in, you won't regret it. That being said, if locally the only school you have access to not a 10P, still train. Eddie says all the time that ANY jiu-jitsu is better than NO jiu-jitsu.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'JFaz' Farren View Post
    Travel the 4hrs, put in your time earn your belt.
    I travel 4hrs round trip, Grubbs & The Mount crew travel 10 hrs, Jem, Nat & the Hobart crew travel by plane to train with our moon head Frank Barca.
    Make it work dude, it's up to you.
    Myself & all the people I mentioned also started their own academies to supplement their 10th Planet training.
    ^^
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Train at a local place and start a hotbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast