Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA

Eddie Bravo on defense

On yesterday’s Joe Rogan Experience Eddie was talking about developing a passion for the defensive aspects of jiu jitsu. The idea was that there are detailed and exact paths to setting up good submissions, but the defensive aspect is way more vast because it works on the premise of disrupting the paths and set-ups to the sub (which can be done at many different points, and in a variety of ways). His analogy, to me, was eye opening, so I thought I would share.

“There’s only a few ways to build a sky scraper, you know, to build it right…there’s rules. But, there’s a million ways to knock that motherfucker down. There’s so many ways to disrupt it and so many levels”. He goes on to say, “There’s so many different ways to fuck up perfection…a perfect submission”.

It was just a different way of looking at defense…for me anyway.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Yes, Eddie often says that defense is easier than offense. Which makes me sad... if true, then why the hell does my defense suck?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    Yes, Eddie often says that defense is easier than offense. Which makes me sad... if true, then why the hell does my defense suck?
    Dude, if your defense sucks, I want to suck as good as you (no homo x1000000)

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Dude, if your defense sucks, I want to suck as good as you (no homo x1000000)
    Instant Classic