Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I knew he would walk on it even if he'd lost close to all the tendons in there.
    Watch more Pride FC.
    And who cares about the leg? The showing Eddie had was enough.

As for efficiency, if the round had continued I think a possible kamikaze would have made the situation a lot worse fro Royler.
    I think he has soft tissue damage in that foot, quite possibly a torn or elongated ligament, but it's just speculation.

Gracies vs Sakuraba; Limbs popping out of their sockets, breaking, all that shit, Gracies never tap. (Only to chokes apparently)

I'm happy Eddie won, and I'm happy Royler is ok.
    BTW; I hada ruined knee once, the anatomy of that knee.. The shin wanted to go one way, the knee the other. Sometimes when it went out while walking my friends started gagging.

A lot of knee injuries you can walk with them, but not run, and walking is probably not the smartest thing to do.
    It's gonna be harder to run after a victim if you are defending and you jacked his knee. I know that much. It's like broken arms. You see plenty MMA fighters throw with broken hands or arms.

It's adrenaline and an insane tolerance for pain that enables them to do more with it than your average guy.
    Last edited by Joachim Hoff; 04-02-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I'm saying its a possibility. watch the replay, you can see the bone coming up. you can also hear Eddie say it popped 7 times. You don't have a visable bone pop up, an your joint pop 7 times and you be ok. Yes I can believe he walked on it, yeah. But the next day that is gonna swell an be sooooo sore. I'm not saying he needs surgery, but he's not rolling.. No. Guys, he functions like all other humans. He may not tap.. But a mechanical injury is a mechanical injury. A slicer does way more than damage the muscle...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Another pic. Supposedly after match. Royler looks pretty dry????!!? Aren't all the paparazzi out in Cali? We need or I would like a actual picture or video seeing Royler leg damage. That is all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Id be just as happy to see proof that the knee is healthy, either way it is intriguing.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards that myself.. I speculate that the leg is jacked.
    Thing is, I don't know for certain, and I feel like speculating in the losers injuries online is petty.

So I don't wanna do that. I don't see the need to, Bravo already won that fight by demonstrating the beauty of 10th!
    But people feel differently about things. That is how I feel anyway. I imagine if it was the other way around, and I found a thread with someone speculating in the injuries of my master, and I like to try to imagine what my reaction would be.

Eddie's been talking a lot about unity, non-elitist values, etc, and I try to think like that. But each man walks his own road, I can't influence that. Just add my perspective.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I dont see anything even slightly petty about it, Hoping to hear someone is injured is one thing but after seeing something that defies logic, how can you not be intrigued?

You seem to think there is a "need" for people to hear that Roylers knee is injured in order to justify claiming a complete victory. If eddies knee had gone through the same ordeal and people were wondering how he could be surfing today, I would consider that perfectly normal curiosity. Why would anyone have a negative reaction to that?

Maybe you;re trying to take a high road but you sound like a pretentious dick.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post

Another pic. Supposedly after match. Royler looks pretty dry????!!? Aren't all the paparazzi out in Cali? We need or I would like a actual picture or video seeing Royler leg damage. That is all.
    I've done the logically thing and messaged Kid Peligro on Facebook to ask when the picture was taken. We'll see what his response is.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I feel so old right now. '-'

I'll sum it up fast; How I feel, or anyone else feels bout it, is subjective, the question itself is not petty.
    I was merely playing around with other ways of viewing it. Bit of empathetical thinking and all that jazz. Thinking out loud.

No I'm not at all surprised at Royler walking around.
    He could lose half his leg to a shark and still show up for class. They always do stuff like that. Never taps, plays it off afterwards.
    Kinda silly, kinda awesome, very Gracie. They are a hard bunch! :')

And as I said before, knee injuries are funny.. the bad ones doesn't necessarily hurt that much. It all depends. Nature is a funny thing..!

Shit man, I'm not trying to be pretentious, I've jus had a really bad knee injury once in my life, and I've been watching the Gracies compete since 1994.. So I share my "knowledge."

Hardly makes me a pretentious dick? C'mon..
    But I do make abstract art. '-' Okay then, I'm a pretentious dick, fine..
    Last edited by Joachim Hoff; 04-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Surfboard also conveniently hiding the fact Royler is standing on one leg

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Joachim Hoff again.

Are we using the rep system?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast