Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

LOL

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Hahaha! Oh gawd..
    Electric chair has no street applicability either. Because you can't punch the nuts like a zillion times from there.
    I give up. Politics.. jees..

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Most of it was OK. I disagree when they said the "lockdown" is not "street". They incorrectly called it deep half, which is "iffy" for street, however, once the guy throws a punch, if he misses you can get to perfect doubles, which is the same double under clinch they show females all the time to close the distance so the attacker cannot throw strong puches. Try and pucnch somebody that has the electric chair on you, you are going on your back. The "stand and run" from to electric chair top is almost guaranteed. If you get slamed down by an attacker and don't secure full guard but just get the foot, this is a very very street option. Also once Eddie was in the vaporizer he was in no danger of kicks, punches, bites, headbutts, groin shots, or eye gouges. He could have held on for an hour until help arrived, escape was almost non existant. And if escape happens, you get up and run, most people are not running far or fast on that knee!!
    Dude, you should post this on youtube. People on youtube leave some stupid comments and I wish I was more knoledgable about JJ to prove them wrong but I can only think of a thing or 2.

Someone said that there is no one in the ufc that is successful with the ruber guard and a successful mma fighter. I told him the only person I can think of is alan belchor but Im not expert so go to the 10th planet JJ website in the nibiru forum (and i posted the link in brackets).

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Don't read youtube comments. Problem solved.

Getting mounted takes no flexibility, skill, or strength whatsoever. So yes. It passes the filter.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    These guys Remind me of those old school kung-fu guys, "If someone gets me in a RNC I will just rip there eye out". If Your throwing punches at someone that has 1/4 guard your not defending there advancements as well, so that whole doesn't pass the filter because it wouldn't work the exact same way in with different rules is retarded.

It wasn't awful but it was a bit biased.... I like those two but you can tell they don't fully understand the method to some of these moves.

I understand and do like how they tell people X is Sport, Y is street, but they seem to forget about the Z options where you can make Sport work on the Street by changing grips & postures a little.

But hey they're in a tough spot... Don't wanna speak bad about their uncle but still trying to be civil and not speak poorly of Eddie. I'll give it one thumb up.... They'll get the second after Ryron rolls with Eddie on film =)

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    Based on the video, if I walk into a Gracie school as a new student, they'll tell me not to use the deep half and to ignore the way other people use it. In contrast, I can't tell you how many times Eddie has said, "I suck at this and I never use it, but we are going to drill heel-hooks/kneebars/berimbolo/single-legs/etc because it will be awesome for some of you and I've seen other people make it work."
    Word.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    Dude, you should post this on youtube. People on youtube leave some stupid comments and I wish I was more knoledgable about JJ to prove them wrong but I can only think of a thing or 2.

Someone said that there is no one in the ufc that is successful with the ruber guard and a successful mma fighter. I told him the only person I can think of is alan belchor but Im not expert so go to the 10th planet JJ website in the nibiru forum (and i posted the link in brackets).
    I copied it and FB messaged it to Rener directly, he responded back and we had an interesting dialog.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    This made me want to eat a Renergy breakfast sandwich

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    I copied it and FB messaged it to Rener directly, he responded back and we had an interesting dialog.
    I'd like to see that

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast