Google's 'Chromecast' recommended...

I'm a tech junky and recently picked up Google's Chromecast device and I have to say this thing is very interesting.

If your not familiar with CC, it's just a little device looks like a big USB drive but it plugs into a HDMI port on your TV or monitor you power it with a USB cable and through your WiFi connection you can cast video/music even the screen from the Chrome internet browser right to your TV or monitor in like two seconds.

Anyway I recommend this little guy if your at all like me and love watching JJ videos off YouTube or podcasts or even just want to view a web page from Chrome on your TV.

FYI the Beta mobile version of the Chrome browser has the feature to cast ANY HTML5 based video through it to CC and Mastering The System videos do work using the current beta version of the mobile browser.

Plus it's only 35$ at Amazon =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Apple Valley
    Love mine. In fact, I used it to stream Metamoris 3 to my TV. Worked slick.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I used mine to stream Metamoris also. I use it a lot to watch MTS from chromebook--->TV.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I used it for M3 and it was AMAZING

Another handy gadget is a HDMI switcher...My TV only has 2 ports so I got a automatic signal switcher to hook my Ps4 , Dish, PC, and Chromecast up at once.

It was pretty awesome watching Eddie roll with Marcelo on the big screen off YouTube =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I just got a video card with two HDMI outputs and ran one to my AVR/TV. Guess Im old school.

Apple TV has been doing this for years! And if you've got a Mac you can just 'cast' your whole desktop to your TV - including any video that's playing.

The new Amazon Fire TV looks interesting too,

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I just got a video card with two HDMI outputs and ran one to my AVR/TV. Guess Im old school.
    I got a Avr too ...CC is just way more user friendly way too do it and it works off your mobile phone/tablet.

But yeah Apple has had there version & now Amazon has something similar but it sounds more limited.

I just don't do Apple.... It's like the Gi to me, Cool if you use it but not really my thing =)