Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Yemaso BJJ

Anyone in the Sacramento area wants to drill?

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Eddie and 10th planet JJ but unfortunately I live in Sacramento and there are no 10th planet schools here. And my BJJ school won't allow people to practice 10th planet techniques. But I still watch MTS on my own and try different techniques during rolling.

So if anyone's in the area and wants to drill, let me know.

Thanks,

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    If you are in California, there's a 10p close enough to get to. Our nearest one was 8 hous away, and Barncat and I made the trip.. I know there's people that travel a couple hours EVERY NIGHT to get to the nearest 10p.

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by chillin_fillin View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Eddie and 10th planet JJ but unfortunately I live in Sacramento and there are no 10th planet schools here. And my BJJ school won't allow people to practice 10th planet techniques. But I still watch MTS on my own and try different techniques during rolling.

So if anyone's in the area and wants to drill, let me know.

Thanks,
    Hey what's up man, I'll be in Sacramento area for a little bit in July. Where would we drill?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I'm really sorry to hear that Yemaso isn't more open-minded about technique. It probably isn't feasible every day, but I highly recommend that you check out 10th Planet San Francisco; it is only about 1.5 hours away from Sacramento. Denny Prokopos is an excellent coach who inspires toughness in all of his students. If you're a larger fellow, Big Red will happily tap you out 17 times and then show you the intricacies of how it occurred. You'll find nothing but friendly killers to train with there.

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that Yemaso isn't more open-minded about technique. It probably isn't feasible every day, but I highly recommend that you check out 10th Planet San Francisco; it is only about 1.5 hours away from Sacramento. Denny Prokopos is an excellent coach who inspires toughness in all of his students. If you're a larger fellow, Big Red will happily tap you out 17 times and then show you the intricacies of how it occurred. You'll find nothing but friendly killers to train with there.
    Worth the drive

Array

School
    Yemaso BJJ
    Cool, my friend has a mma gym setup with mats in his garage, so we can probably drill there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Reed View Post
    Hey what's up man, I'll be in Sacramento area for a little bit in July. Where would we drill?

Array

School
    Yemaso BJJ
    Thanks for the reply. I'll probably go check out the gym in San Fran sometimes in the future.

Array

School
    Gold Country Jiu Jitsu
    I live near Sac and would love to drill with you but at the moment I'm hurt. We should keep in contact!

I am also planning to hit up Denny's school a when I recover. We could car pool and take turns driving. As Amir said its not that far. Just a fair warning, it will be a while before I fully recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    Pretty sure Red would be happy to tap out a small guys as well. On top of all the actual jiu jitsu, mental toughness is definitely something I've gained from Denny. I am biased, but I also have trained at dozens of gyms, buth 10thP and not, nothing is better than 10th Planet S.F. make the drive as often as you can.

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    I live in Sac and train at Gustavo's another black belt from Cassio. Amir is right you owe it to yourself to go train with Denny he is awesome and students are all great. If that is too far Alex opened a school in Walnut Creek so you can avoid going into the city.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast