Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Cora's match from today 4/5/14

Here are Cora's match from today. Small tournament, no pressure just want to go and hang out with her friends and then she pulled off some of these sick transitions... enjoy.

Array

School
    2nd No Gi match.

Array

School
    Finished with her bracket (70-79 lbs) where she fought her training partner. I still want her to get more roll so we went and challenge the winner of the 80-89 lbs bracket.... How gangsta is that?? LOL enjoy.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Essex
    she is the future, amazing stuff.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Essex
    'dont let her do that' ha

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    besides having polished skills, her general atheism is way beyond her competitors. How old is Cora again?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Beautiful job, Cora. That transition from Carnie to triangle to armbar was about as cool as anything I've ever seen on the mat. Of course no performance is ever perfect, and we are all constantly learning, so I'm going to give you some specific pointers where I see some room for improvement. I'm only doing this because I want you to be even more awesome. All of the times are from the first match. Also, I should mention that all of these tips below are bad habits that I used to screw up all the time, so don't feel bad!

0:53 When I'm getting stacked like that in crackhead control, I actually like to switch back to foot-on-hip (in this case your left). I use that foot to stop the stack and also to rotate for a better angle (clockwise here).
    1:05 & 2:42 If your bottom leg (the one not participating in the shield) isn't on the hip or in crackhead, you've got to hug it tight to your opponent's chest. A savvy opponent will push it to the mat and knee slice for the pass (this happened in your 2nd nogi match as well).
    1:22 Don't overcommit to the Carnie; make sure you follow your opponent when he/she rolls out of it. If you follow them up, you can take side control, attack the baby arm, or even a far side kimura.
    2:12 Don't extend your arms to finish the kimura. Keep both your arms and your opponents arm bent, and rotate your entire torso to torque it.

Anyway, those are all relatively minor. Keep up the great work and I have no doubt you'll be a world champion. WAR CORA!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Your rubber guard keeps getting stronger and stronger Cora. I LOVE how you go to dlr when your opponents backs out of your RG and stands up. That's a very dangerous combo, RG/dlr. Keep polishing the transitions back and forth, they compliment each other beautifully. The stronger your dlr the more they counter by falling right into your RG. Your dlr clinch is very natural for you, so smooth.

I've been so busy since metamoris I missed that big kids comp last weekend, what happened?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Thank you all and Amir, we will keep on polishing those things you mention.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Your rubber guard keeps getting stronger and stronger Cora. I LOVE how you go to dlr when your opponents backs out of your RG and stands up. That's a very dangerous combo, RG/dlr. Keep polishing the transitions back and forth, they compliment each other beautifully. The stronger your dlr the more they counter by falling right into your RG. Your dlr clinch is very natural for you, so smooth.

I've been so busy since metamoris I missed that big kids comp last weekend, what happened?
    There is a thread that is dedicated to your M3 performance.