Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vdesire View Post
    This is where some Gracies are really losing it - attitude. It's great that Eddie totally dominated Royler and that alone has opened the eyes of many Gracie fanboys but it's the attitude of people like Royce afterwards that is really causing them to lose all respect and credibility. Essentially they are complaining that other people are doing the very thing they did. Learn some moves and try and make them better and adapt them to their style. Isn't that what the Gracies did with what Maeda taught them ?

You can't class everyone who has the name Gracie as the same of course, but I thought I would highlight a few differences between Eddie's approach and some Gracie (and other BJJ schools approach)

1. Eddie actively encourages students to learn from other skillful people like Marcelo etc. Do you think this is the case with most other instructors ? Somehow I doubt it.

2. Eddie turns up and supports students at competitions, but not just his black belts. You see him with white and blue belts and everyone else too. Rickson Gracie cheering a white belt ? Can't see it, can you ? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. Eddie frequently posts in his forum and interacts with everyone here, how many other instructors do that ?

4. People accuse Eddie of just doing this to sell books etc like it's only about money. Full membership to Eddie's site is $5 per month. How much is Gracie university ? How much does it cost to have your photo taken with Eddie ? And with Royce ?

5. Eddie posts videos of himself rolling where he actually loses. How many other instructors do that ?

6. Eddie has repeatedly conducted himself with class despite all the negative stuff that he has been wrongly accused of.

That's my little rant anyway. Someone on here said it was like watching the karate kid again for the first time and I thought that summed it up perfectly.
    Very nicely said.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by bystander View Post
    The Gracie empire feeds a lot of mouths. It is recognized by anyone in MMA or grappling. They always get plenty of respect and deserve it. Then we have Eddie Bravo who is just… different. I sometimes wonder if he fully realizes that he has beat Royler Gracie. I do love that old saying, “to be the best you must beat the best". Eddie has done that. And totally dominated Royler to a draw this time. I say to Eddie. Step up and take your fucking crown. You’ve gave your respect. You earned your victories. To the victors belong the spoils. I think they feel threatened by 10th Planet now MORE then ever. It is now up to Eddie how big the 10th Planet becomes. Just my 2 cents.
    Dayum sun. I have to admit. This is one fukova first comment.

How long did you stand by before letting it out bystander?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Martins View Post
    Very nicely said.
    Also a quality first. Yet less.. profound.

Sup Nuno? Welcome

I am just an old nobody exgrappler giving respect to Eddie and hoping reads my post.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Also a quality first. Yet less.. profound.

Sup Nuno? Welcome
    Hello
    Thanks i'm glad to be here, oh man my first post...
    BTW here's my second
    All i can say is...loads of people that liked Eddie and 10th planet, continue doing so and in larger amounts, people that liked some of the Gracies stopped liking them or like them less...and all of this not just because of Eddie technically winning the match and behaving like a gentleman, but mainly because of all these Gracie actions and talk around different subjects that disappointed lots of people...its sad.
    Cheers, gonna sleep its 4am.

Array

School
    Keep ona bystadin. It'll get read.

Sleep tight Nuno. Good lookin out homie.

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by vdesire View Post
    This is where some Gracies are really losing it - attitude. It's great that Eddie totally dominated Royler and that alone has opened the eyes of many Gracie fanboys but it's the attitude of people like Royce afterwards that is really causing them to lose all respect and credibility. Essentially they are complaining that other people are doing the very thing they did. Learn some moves and try and make them better and adapt them to their style. Isn't that what the Gracies did with what Maeda taught them ?

You can't class everyone who has the name Gracie as the same of course, but I thought I would highlight a few differences between Eddie's approach and some Gracie (and other BJJ schools approach)

1. Eddie actively encourages students to learn from other skillful people like Marcelo etc. Do you think this is the case with most other instructors ? Somehow I doubt it.

2. Eddie turns up and supports students at competitions, but not just his black belts. You see him with white and blue belts and everyone else too. Rickson Gracie cheering a white belt ? Can't see it, can you ? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. Eddie frequently posts in his forum and interacts with everyone here, how many other instructors do that ?

4. People accuse Eddie of just doing this to sell books etc like it's only about money. Full membership to Eddie's site is $5 per month. How much is Gracie university ? How much does it cost to have your photo taken with Eddie ? And with Royce ?

5. Eddie posts videos of himself rolling where he actually loses. How many other instructors do that ?

6. Eddie has repeatedly conducted himself with class despite all the negative stuff that he has been wrongly accused of.

That's my little rant anyway. Someone on here said it was like watching the karate kid again for the first time and I thought that summed it up perfectly.
    Well put

Cool on galvao

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Odell (Datsusara) View Post
    so fucking gross, I hope at least one Gracie comes out to condemn all the BS post Meta.
    This is why I like Roger, the only thing I have seen or heard from him is a video of him shadow boxing. It is like saying," shut up and go train" with out having to say shut up and go train.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Galvao knows first hand how frustrating the Gracie's can be, but in the end he is a respectful humble man, I am very happy to hear he did that for Eddie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast