Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Martins View Post
    Hello
    Thanks i'm glad to be here, oh man my first post...
    BTW here's my second
    All i can say is...loads of people that liked Eddie and 10th planet, continue doing so and in larger amounts, people that liked some of the Gracies stopped liking them or like them less...and all of this not just because of Eddie technically winning the match and behaving like a gentleman, but mainly because of all these Gracie actions and talk around different subjects that disappointed lots of people...its sad.
    Cheers, gonna sleep its 4am.
    Dude, that describes me totally - agree with you 100%.

I used to be a HUGE fan of Royce, Rener, Ryron, Ralek, etc. And the only reason why I've stopped supporting them, was because of them, and their own words and actions - no one else. It's really heartbreaking to be honest, like finding out Santa Claus was never actually real....

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    To me so much of it seems to be about ego. Why do instructors have such big egos ? It's as if they seem to think they should be treated as some kind of gods. Show respect and it's an honour to have five minutes of your time etc. Look you are really good at jiu jitsu fine, I'm really good at some stuff but I don't expect people to bow down and worship me for it.

From decades past were the gracie challenges not highlighting how the "Karate Masters" needed to open their mind and realise much of their so called killer death touch techniques did not work. You needed to know how to grapple. Karate masters often could not accept defeat and refused to believe it. Often many excuses were thrown in.

Some Gracies are now acting like those karate masters. Can't accept defeat, always excuses, not willing to embrace anything new. The exact things they tried to point out to others.

Also modern MMA is not gracie jiu jitsu. You need a MIX of martial arts. Being good at jiu jitsu alone is not enough to be successful in MMA. You need to be good at multiple disciplines to succeed at the highest level. Some Gracies need to embrace this and open their minds and stop living on past glories. They have become what they once showed up.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I came here to say this! I love that Galvao; so humble and respectful. I always think of his laidback attitude after intense training sessions; he'd grin that infectious smile of his and sing in the locker room. I prefer to remember him like that because my mind is actively trying to repress the memories of him effortlessly and mercilessly sodomizing me during our rolls.
    Hahaha! So poetic as always

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel D. View Post
    my teammate, Tom Carbone, said it best-gracie mag aka the fox news of jiu jitsu.
    Quality haha
    Gracie Mag Should be renamed to Gracie Rag

Sam Sales

Gracie mag is turd. So biased for the guys paying their advertising fees etc.
    Surprised it wasn't full of pictures of Ralek in his fucking backpack LOL. Anybody else think that was retarded? So you are promoting a huge event, trying so fucking desperately to be the Dana White of jiu jitsu. Your moment to go on stage comes (even though you shouldn't be up there, that was Kennys job) and your train of thought leads you to think 'oh I must put my backpack on so I look cool but really I look like a cunt'.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    Dude, that describes me totally - agree with you 100%.

I used to be a HUGE fan of Royce, Rener, Ryron, Ralek, etc. And the only reason why I've stopped supporting them, was because of them, and their own words and actions - no one else. It's really heartbreaking to be honest, like finding out Santa Claus was never actually real....
    Santa is to real.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i feel like there is only one way to express my feelings on this matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

the gracies need to stop acting like the royalty of martial arts and work towards growing jiu jitsu as a whole. many hands makes little work.

in the words of idina menzel. let it go. points never bothered me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Gracie mag is turd. So biased for the guys paying their advertising fees etc.
    Surprised it wasn't full of pictures of Ralek in his fucking backpack LOL. Anybody else think that was retarded? So you are promoting a huge event, trying so fucking desperately to be the Dana White of jiu jitsu. Your moment to go on stage comes (even though you shouldn't be up there, that was Kennys job) and your train of thought leads you to think 'oh I must put my backpack on so I look cool but really I look like a cunt'.
    I have not seen this mythical backpack - why is there no picture of Ralek wearing it on the Internet??? I'm starting to think the whole thing is a fabrication....

I think it is hilarious that they posted those pics. Everyone who saw the match or got any info on how it went knows how the match actually went down.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    I have not seen this mythical backpack - why is there no picture of Ralek wearing it on the Internet??? I'm starting to think the whole thing is a fabrication....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast