Array

School
    red river bjj wichita falls texas

The Williams guard by Shawn Williams.

Isn't this the London move that was abandoned because there's an easy way to pass this or am I ignorant? If that's the case, sorry, just curious. Thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    There is an excellent Budo Jake podcast with Eddie and Shaun Williams . . . and they talk about this. It was awesome!

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Benore View Post
    There is an excellent Budo Jake podcast with Eddie and Shaun Williams . . . and they talk about this. It was awesome!
    Yeah i was gonna say this as well. Really cool episode where they look at London/Williams Guard. They go over counters to the escape Eddie mentioned as the reason that London was abandoned.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Yeah on the above mentioned podcast, Shaun Williams says that he likes it when people cartwheel pass counter this guard because it allows him to turn in for a single leg and then demonstrates this re-counter.

Array

School
    red river bjj wichita falls texas
    Thanks I'll check it out!

This London or Williams guard is pretty interesting. In my previous gym people absolutely hate rubber guard and always talk about how it does'nt work in high level jiu jitsu. Still they were teaching this guard which is no longer in the system because there are often better options. I have found london to be usefull in rare occasions as you can go back to rubber guard paths from it. I guess it's easier to understand for people not so much into 10P. Also Dean lister taught some set ups from London on his seminar month ago.

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...his-not-London

It must be London if it's created multiple threads �� haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    There is a counter to Londpn with the cartwheel pass and you trap your hands being unable to stop the pass. There is some use to it though. Shawn Williams proves that.