Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu

Update on my gym

Hey Guys,
    It's been a while since I've been active here because I'm soooooo damn busy these days, but I'm looking to change that.
    Just wanted to give an update on my gym REAL MMA/ GVJJ here in regional Australia.

Firstly.... We're still around!

Not only did we survive our first year but we're starting to flourish.
    As head Jiu Jitsu coach we've done good things on the comp scene since the start medaling in every comp, but our MMA program is really taking off too.
    We have a fantastic MMA coach in Rob Pride who is doing great things with our team.

James Londrigan my fellow Frank Barca 10th Planet blue belt made his pro MMA debut last year winning in 50 secs of round 1 with an arm in guillotine and just last weekend went 2-0 with a 15 second KO!

Daniel 'Grasshopper' Way our resident Australian kickboxing champion took a few MMA fights last year starting with two losses one razor thin decision to Vik Grujic at AFC 9 and a submission loss to former Judo Olympian Daniel Kelly.
    Both of those opponents went on to represent Team Aus on the recent Aus V Canada Ultimate fighter series.

Since then Daniel has gone 2 straight wins with a pro record of 4-2, and two weeks was just edged out on points in a world kickboxing title match.

Both Daniel & James will make their debut in the cage (the cage is illegal in our state) at our National UFC equivilant AFC 9 in May.

Outside of that classes are running well and we're growing.
    Last year we went from 4 people on a hall, to 15- 20 students based out of the #1 Thai kickboxing gym in the Goulburn Valley.
    It's now the #1 Thai, MMA & Jiu Jitsu gym in the Goulburn Valley.

We've gone from 2 classes a week, to four, plus we'll be starting kids & teens classes in the coming weeks to (would love some advice haha).

I even got to make a personal dream of mine reality by having Frank host a seminar at our gym, which he killed of course and we'll be making it a regular thing, which I'm really stoked about.

I'm growing some very dedicated 10th Planet soldiers here, and am really looking forward to seeing their development in the next 6 months.
    The Warm up series has been a god send, once I understood how they're supposed to be used I'm seeing it's positive effects already and it's only early days yet.

I was surprised because it's never been my game but series H is by far my favourite.

So that's it, that's us.
    Look forward to more updates in the future.
    Cheers.
    10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Awesome brotha glad to hear of your success!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks Zog.
    You've been a great source of support for me even long before I had a school.
    Your technique videos are a gold mine of reliable and well explained techniques, and you've always made time whenever I've had a question on Facebook.
    It's really a team effort though, I'm just a cog in the machine... The most handsome cog haha.