Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores

The Entry-Options on how to get your opponent to the ground in a tournie

I need some more options. I like pulling guard, but I would like to see some more handy options. I also know a head and arm throw and plan to start working on my de la riva and spiral more obsessively. Just throw up some videos, could be an instructional or a tournie video of your favorite entry. I just want to see what works good for everyone else.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I need some more options. I like pulling guard, but I would like to see some more handy options. I also know a head and arm throw and plan to start working on my de la riva and spiral more obsessively. Just throw up some videos, could be an instructional or a tournie video of your favorite entry. I just want to see what works good for everyone else.

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Lateral drop is very complimentary to guard pulling (In my white belt opinion )

Check out MTS 32 around the 42 min mark for a vid of Amir teaching it. It has worked well for me when setting up a guard pull and I feel them pressuring into me.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Louis Ho gave us a nice tool that he uses in competition where he pulls butterfly, threatens a straight armbar and uses it to sweep.

It's a simple looking but super effective combo. I hate stand up grappling. I took a bad judo fall so I became terrified of stand up grappling.

That's why I like Louis Ho's butterfly guard pull so much. You're still pulling guard, but you don't have to jump guard and fear getting slammed. You just kind of pull them into your butterfly and you're immediately in position to attack with a sub AND a sweep.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Not knowing how comfortable you are with wrestling its hard to say what to look for but an ankle pick or knee pick is always there and usually sets you up in side control. Very simple effective move using minimal strength and your opponent's momentum

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    My wrestling is horrible. My favorite thing to do is to just leave my leg out there for the taking. Most wrestlers or BJJ guys looking for takedowns can't resist the bait. I just let them shoot and then I work my sprawl game which I'm pretty confident in. Worst case scenario I end up on my back which is kind of what I wanted in the first place.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Anything off the Russian Tie. I also like the high dive
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    There's guard pulling and there's dynamic guard pulling. Why not start with a sub attempt?

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    I usually sit down with a wrist, and then huge thousand pound dudes smash me. No Homo

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Anything off the Russian Tie. I also like the high dive
    Russian 2 on 1 is legit.

If I think someone wants to wrestle me.. I try to let them tie up.
    I get head control but make sure to take the inside control with other hand. Try to hit duck under off that 1st(steering wheel).. Often theyll get a deep under hook to counter(go for throws etc) and this sets up my guard pull with an overhook to fall right into pyramid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast