Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Got 2nd in advanced lightweight, competed in advanced absolute for the first time

I Competed at Katuko submission only today. I'll post videos once I upload them. I went 2-2 winning by armbar and darce, losing by heel hook and triangle armbar. I had an awesome time seeing all the 10th Planet guys from Decatur. Big thanks to Brandon and Sam for coaching and giving me advice. It helped tremendously.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Congrats bro! That's awesome

Good matches Griffin, congrats! I saw a few of them and you did great man. Someone give this man his blue, he's more than earned it! Sam is just such a treat to watch, and has such an entertaining style as well. Great work by everyone I saw today from Decatur and Gulf Shores!
    -BJPENN.COM RADIO HOST
    @GMathewsMMA
    www.BJPENN.com

Array

School
    Here's my first match.

http://youtu.be/6dHLQGpqWDE

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mathews View Post
    Good matches Griffin, congrats! I saw a few of them and you did great man. Someone give this man his blue, he's more than earned it! Sam is just such a treat to watch, and has such an entertaining style as well. Great work by everyone I saw today from Decatur and Gulf Shores!
    Thanks man. It was great to see you. I really need to make the drive down and train with you. I have a lot to work on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    You looked really composed, great match! Only advice I have is that next time someone stands straight up on you when you break off the clinch put him on his back! It's an easy takedown. I would have rather played lockdown/half than butterfly like you did, but to each his own. You killed it. Congrats! !

Array

School

Here's my second match against Sam

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Searle View Post
    You looked really composed, great match! Only advice I have is that next time someone stands straight up on you when you break off the clinch put him on his back! It's an easy takedown. I would have rather played lockdown/half than butterfly like you did, but to each his own. You killed it. Congrats! !
    Yeah I have lots to work on. Definitely dealing with a standing opponent, heel hook defense, have to improve my leg locks, cardio, etc, etc. I learned a lot from this tournament.

Array

School

This was the first time I've ever done Absolute. I really want to start competing in it more. This is my Advanced absolute match with Si Doan, an alliance purple belt, who's a pretty well known in Georgia. I trained with him a couple years ago, so I knew what I was getting into. I saw him tap a black belt earlier that day in the Gi so that makes me feel a little better. lol

I'll post my other win when I get it uploaded.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Griffin, you did awesome work today. Thank you for coming out and competing with the team! Can't wait to hang out with you guys in May!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast