Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Samurai Martial Arts (Owner/Instructor)

Hey all, new member here.

I have had the privilege of meeting some of you when Eddie came to Spokane last year. I'm in Yakima, Washington which is pretty much in between the Spokane and PDX locations, 200+ miles from either. I have no formal jiu jitsu training but we love to roll and I have taught martial arts for over 20 years now. I'm an old-timer, 42 years old at this point. I own Samurai Martial Arts here in Yakima and we would love to eventually be able to represent 10P in this area. I know we have a long road ahead and I look forward to learning what I can from all of you. I'll be contacting some of you about getting training and am hopeful that the flights from neighboring Pasco to LA start in June as scheduled so I can visit the HQ. My daughter works at an airline so that's actually cheaper (and faster) than driving to the nearest 10P locations. It's difficult to get away to attend training sessions with my own school to run but I have the support of my students as some are interested in the 10P way for competition. I look forward to meeting more of you in person.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Welcome!

Array

School
    10WO
    Welcome! What's your background with grappling? I saw on your school's website that you offer Aikido. There are some wrist-lockers on here, so you'll be in good company!

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Welcome!!

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    Welcome!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome aboard!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Welcome!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Welcome! Enjoy the journey, it's been great for me. Hope the same for you and your peeps

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Welcome bro!

Array

School
    Samurai Martial Arts (Owner/Instructor)
    Chad, original Goju was very close quarters. We live in the knee/elbow range and enjoy clinching, sweeps and a variety of joint locks and strangulations. The overall fighting philosophy is once you've closed the distance and grabbed someone, don't let them go until the conflict is over. We focus on fewer techniques for self defense purposes because we are striking also. That said, we have a great appreciation for straight grappling and that is why we are here. A good understanding of muchimi (the heavy, sticky, snake like way of keeping contact and utilizing the squeeze) is what we focus on. I myself don't do Aikido or Kempo, those are two other instructors who rent space from me. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast