Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Combat Society
    I take probiotics and make lactose free probiotic yoghurts. Has worked for me so far.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Probiotics (or lots of yogurt, kefir, etc.) and armbar soap have prevented me from ever having any skin problems. Check out www.armbarsoap.com. Chad is great and trains as well so he knows what we need to keep clean and healthy!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    As previously mentioned, anti dandruff shampoo is very effective against fungi. This is because most cases of dandruff are actually caused by fungi. I've found that if I let the lather sit on my skin for five minutes, it dramatically reduces recovery time. Simply washing with it seems to prevent new cases.

Also, there is a flea treatment for dogs and cats which I have found to be THE most effective treatment (orally ingested) method for ringworm. It's called lufenuron. The reason it's so effective, and safe, is because the chemical inhibits the formation of a material called chitin, which is essential to the cell walls of fungi, and to the exoskeletons of insects. Mammals do not produce chitin, and are unaffected by it. The chemical, being fat soluble, is stored in fat cells for roughly a month, slowly being shuttled along to fungi throughout the body.

For staph/mrsa, this may seem strange, but garlic oil (squeezed from garlic supplements) is a highly effective topical remedy. The active ingredient, allicin, has been shown to be a strong opponent to the infectious organisms and so far unadaptable (mrsa is a highly resistant form of staph, which is very hard to kill). When the oil is squeezed, the precursors to allicin begin a chemical reaction, from exposure to the air. All you need to do is rub the affected area, and the chemicals will get to work.

Everything I suggest has been tried and tested on myself, repeatedly (skin disorders are my weakness; nearly died from my first bout with mrsa and struggled with ringworm for roughly 8 months; I've been forced to find remedies that are effective).

I'm also a biology major, wrapping up my bachelor's before heading to grad school. I'm also in love with chemistry. So take this as you will.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Probiotics everyday and yogurt for extra protection plus Defense Soap
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt Holloman View Post
    nope; kan't find article, i wil doe; it's like using Hydrogen Peroxide...yes it killz de bad germz, buuuut itz also killin' the bacteria that helps....Shhhhh :P
    I was always under the assumption that Defense Soap doesn't kill the good bacteria; I await your sources.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    The problem with using pro biotics for skin disorder prevention is that strains, such as acidophilus, cause sepsis once they cross from the intestines into the bloodstream. It's a rare occurrence that they do, because their ideal living conditions lie within our intestines (mutualistic adaptation). But there's a clear problem concerning the logistics of pro biotics being shuttled to the skin, via the bloodstream.

For reference:
    http://m.pediatrics.aappublications....1/178.abstract

There are many other studies on this, and it is widely accepted that acidophilus has the potential to cause sepsis.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Defense Soap is a great product and the dude has been a BJJ supporter forever.

I'm really partial to Dr. Bronner's because they are major hemp farm suporters, I get a discount through work, and they support all the badass GMO labeling initiatives . I buy the hemp eucalyptus and tea tree oil versions and mix them together so they have the same essential ingredients as Defense Soap.

I ended up with MRSA once while training with stinky Brazilians. I now take a shower and wash my gear after every practice. That's it, no problems in 5 years. No fancy soap no special diet outside of trying to be healthy. Keep all your scratches scrapes covered, and pay special attention when showering to any bruised or abraded skin that may be compromised.

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    I have also read that before. I've been using defense Soap for about 3 years, and have never had a skin infection. I also train at multiple academies, so I'm sure I haven't just been lucky.

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Kim View Post
    I was always under the assumption that Defense Soap doesn't kill the good bacteria; I await your sources.
    ^^^ forgot to add the quote lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast