Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IBJJF new rules

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Won't happen. Fighter is DQ'd after 4 penalties.
    You would hope they follow the rules. The IBJJF is crooked as fuck and biased when it comes to reffing. Good luck getting your sweep points against a guy from either the refs association or Gracie Barra. It won't happen. They'll throw you an advantage instead.

Word to the wise. Have a corner that knows the ins and outs of the rules game, and make sure they're yelling out your points. The squeaky wheel gets the oil in the IBJJF my friends.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    I'm also weighting for them to allow protective equipment like a mouth piece and cup. You have to be worried about immediate DQ from reaping fro "safety" but mouth piece and cup are illegal for "realism"? This pretty much the last sport out there with an organization who has this rule.
    That's a great point, Brian. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. It just makes them seem even dumber.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    I expected way worse changes. Still far from where they should be though. I'm also weighting for them to allow protective equipment like a mouth piece and cup. You have to be worried about immediate DQ from reaping fro "safety" but mouth piece and cup are illegal for "realism"? This pretty much the last sport out there with an organization who has this rule.

Many gym owners hate it when you do the lockdown but there is no IBJJF rule against it in a tournament. The electric chair is tricky because they will let you do groin sub's which it is but you can never do heal hooks in IBJJF which the occasional ref THINKS it is. Hopefully after this Royler rematch, less refs will be seeing it for the first time when they are forced to make a ruling on it so hopefully that will mean less mistakes.

Spot on Debes!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Budo Jake put out a video explaining the new rule changes and breaking them down. If you haven't seen it yet -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123