http://ibjjf.org/rules/

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Vinny nailed it

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    What's new? I don't feel like reading everything just to find one new rule.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    --Adding 20 lines about reaping the knee

--The "better" one:
    Refs are gonna count 20 seconds from the double guard pull (movement or not) and if a fighter doesn't emerge on top or in a sub, Then both fighters are given penalties, and both will be stood up.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    --Adding 20 lines about reaping the knee

--The "better" one:
    Refs are gonna count 20 seconds from the double guard pull (movement or not) and if a fighter doesn't emerge on top or in a sub, Then both fighters are given penalties, and both will be stood up.
    They relaxed the rules on knee reaping. Now, instead of being an automatic DQ, it's only a DQ if you are also trapping the foot.

Not sure why that's being criticized...

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    They relaxed the rules on knee reaping. Now, instead of being an automatic DQ, it's only a DQ if you are also trapping the foot.

Not sure why that's being criticized...
    I think it's just the observation of the change in rules, rather than a criticism, but thanks for clearing it up man, I wanted to get to the good part of dropping the Double Guard pull, so I skipped the knee reaping thing.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    The knee reaping rule sounds like a good step in the right direction. I've watched a few comps where guys got DQ'd for single leg X which sucks. Sounds like the new rules might open some things up.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    The knee reaping rule sounds like a good step in the right direction. I've watched a few comps where guys got DQ'd for single leg X which sucks.
    This was my thought as well -that the reaping change was to prevent disqualifying someone who whose foot slipped in few inches as they utilized the Single Leg X Guard.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    This was my thought as well -that the reaping change was to prevent disqualifying someone who whose foot slipped in few inches as they utilized the Single Leg X Guard.
    Yo I know you MGA guys get pissed with that rule, my buddy got warned a bunch at a local comp for single leg x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast